32

Amelia

My phone buzzes repeatedly as if my alarm is going off, and I groan, rolling over in my bed, wondering if me being an idiot accidentally set an alarm for the middle of the night.

However, my phone screen displays the name Alex Fuentes when I pick it up. Why is he calling at 3am? I begin to worry. What if something's happened-

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he sighs, his voice heavy and tired. "Was just thinking about you."

"At 3am?" I lay my head back down on the pillow.

"Couldn't sleep. Did I wake you?"

"Not at all."

"I like hearing your voice."

I smile to myself. "When did you become so honest?"

"I'm wondering the same thing."

"Did you sort things out with Santi-"

"Nope."

"Alex," I send him disappointed vibes through the phone.

"He's a little freak. My Mom almost kicked me out when she saw his face."

"Isn't that what brothers do? I mean, get each other in trouble?"

"Not us. Our Mom is terrifying. Ratting us out to her is worse than the cops."

"Damn. She seems so sweet."

"Yeah she seems that way. Just like a seal is dangerous but seems cute."

"Seals are dangerous?"

"Sí."

"Geez, that's the most disappointing thing i've heard all week." There is a long pause and I think he might have fallen asleep. "Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come over here?"

"Right now?"

"Yes."

"Your Dad will go crazy."

"I'm an adult, so it's not up to him who sleeps with me."

There's a beat. "Fine, I'll come." Fifteen minutes later, Alex texts me that he's outside, so I creep downstairs and unlock the door, seeing him standing there in dark grey joggers and a black shirt, and looking hot.

I lead him upstairs and we don't speak until my bedroom door is shut, and he hugs me, lifting me off of my feet. When i'm back down, Alex looks around my room that is still pretty plain except from the post cards that cover one of my walls that I collect from different places around the world.

I grab his chin and pull his head to look at me. "Geez, respect my privacy, Alex," I joke but he doesn't find it amusing, instead just rolling his eyes.

"You look cute," he says looking down at what i'm wearing which is an oversized t-shirt and shorts, but the shorts aren't visible so it probably looks like i'm wearing nothing underneath.

"Thanks, Mr. Badass boy who gets stabbed," I pull on his shirt, the sight of his scar giving me a weird feeling but I don't get into it. I will never get used to the thought of that happening to him.

He shakes his head disapprovingly while moving in to kiss me, then he lifts me onto my bed and hovers over me, not breaking the kiss. I slide my hand over his shoulder and down his muscular arm, then to his back and slide it back up to his neck. I touch his soft skin on the back of his neck, trailing my finger tips around it until he shivers and pulls away, breathing heavy.