#Shame

After running out of Mr.Shaw's house like madea running from the police. I went to my room and laid there. Most of my weekend was filled with tears and reading the freaking chapters again. The next morning, I was awaken by my shrieking alarm clock and instantly anxiety filled me. Facing Mr. Shaw today was going to be dreadful. I wasn't ready to face him but what else could I do. Quit? Spending my two years in that hell hole to only quit at the end was not an option. I wasn't gonna be a coward and give up my last year. With a long sigh, I got off my bed and did what I had to do to get ready for work.

When I got inside, the first thing I heard was Mr. Shaw screaming out my name. It was angrier than usual. As if he was a rabid dog trying to hunt my ass down.

"MS.PETERSON! MS.PETERSON!" Mr. Shaw shouted as he roamed around the office looking for me.

Thank god there was only a few people inside the office. This would have been more embarrassing. When he spotted me at the door, he stopped right in his tracks. He reached up to straighten his tie and took a step to be closer to me.

"Ms. Peterson, I need you in my office ASAP. I have some pressing matters to discuss with you." he said professionally.

Without waiting for my response, he turned around and I followed him into his office. I stood at the door like usual and he took a seat on his "throne".

"Actually Ms. Peterson, You should sit down... just this one time" he said with a fake smile.

"Are you sure sir?" I said hesitantly, in case it was another trick again. The dick pulled the same stunt on my the first day working for him.

" SIT DOWN MS. PETERSON! ARE SO INCOMPETENT THAT YOU WOULD HAVE ME REPEAT SUCH SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?" he yelled irritated as he slammed his fist on the desk making me flinch. I wasn't very good at handling someone yelling at me.

"Ss-o s-sorry sir" I stutter nervously as I rushed to the freaking chair in front of his desk to sit down. As I made my advances toward the chair his eyes were staring at me. So I put my face down but then he started to snap his fingers to draw my attention toward him.

Wish I could snap his neck, I thought as I pulled my head away from the shiny floor to look at him.

For some reason his harsh eyes kept staring into mine and he didn't speak at all. After a while, it was making me very uncomfortable, so I started to shift in my seat a little. After he was done staring, he picked up a pencil from his desk.

"Ms. Peterson... did you attend a club Friday night? " Mr. Shaw said bluntly as he focused his eyes on his twirling pen.

"No" I said trying not to show that I was lying. But then again people always think I'm lying.

"Well, I just ask because when I went to a club Friday night...there was a girl who looked an awful lot like you. She was dancing on one of the tables at a bar with a bra on as a top" he said focusing his narrowing eyes on me now.

"Is that question really appropriate to ask in the work place sir?" I said confused.

"I'm not sure? Is it Ms. Peterson?" he said a little sarcastically.

"Well... since you are not sure, I will be on the safe side and not answer it sir" I said hoping to get a positive response for what I said.

"Very well. Get out now and take the next piece of work that I have for you." he coldly said as clenched his jaw and slammed the pencil this time. I walked out of the office with my next assignment in hast.

Why didn't God answer my prayer about Mr. Shaw getting attacked by a bear? I thought to myself while I closed the door behind me. I walked to my desk and started on the next thing he made me do.