XV

Inertia Louis
"When is the first game?" I ask.

"Right now." Zach says.

"But we haven't prepared for anything." I state.

"Scared?" He smirked.

"No fucking way. Whatever it is bring it on."

"Chess, plain simple chess." Zach declares. Chess....

Flashback

"Daddy, why did we have to move out of our home? I don't like this house, it's small." I said.

"Honey, smaller the house the more cosier it is." My dad smiled.

"But mommy isn't coming with us because we have a small house." I huffed.

"No, it's not that, she just wants to be a free bird, everyone had a right to be free."

"But I want to go back!" I whined.

"Okay, let's have a deal, I'll help you learn a game that will make you super intelligent and you agree on staying here in this new home." Dad said.

"Deal!" I giggled.

Flashback over

The game of Chess. It's the closest thing to my heart. I haven't played it though, since he died. I couldn't look at the game without breaking down. And here I am in a challenge to play the very same game I have been avoiding for years, facing the very same past I have been running from for year....

"Inertia. Hello." Zach said and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I replied.

"You just zoned out."

"Yea whatever, let's the play then dam game." I sighed.

"Yeah and go to the dam snack bar." Zach added.

"Yeah and the dam washroom next to it." I smiled.

"You've read Percy Jackson?" Zach asked in a tone of surprise.

"We'll of course, I didn't spend my life only working." I rolled my eyes. Don't show your real emotions Inertia, they will only ever make you weak.

The game didn't take long to end. I lost. I couldn't even place the peices properly without my hands shivering. I couldn't do it. I tried. I tried so hard but I couldn't play chess without thinking about my dad. He taught me chess. He's the reason I am who I am.

"Are you okay?" Zach asked noticing my behaviour.

"I'm fine. Now the game is over. What do I have to do?" I asked.

"No, it's okay. We'll do the deal some other time. I think you should rest, it's pretty late." Zach said.

"Oh don't be pathetic. I'm not weak. I'm doing just fine." I spat.

"This! We were having a great time! The moment I feel like I'm breaking your walls, getting you to have fun you ruin everything! You push you're walls so high again that I can't get through. You're bitchy mode is all about that isn't it? We're done I guess. The challenge is over." Zach declares.

"Oh no no! You don't get to judge me! You have e no idea what I've been through so don't pretend like you fucking understand the way I work because you sure as hell don't." I yelled back.

"Then tell me. Tell me how you work." He asked and wrapped his arms around my waist.

He pulled me closer and I melted at his touch. In this moment, I didn't need anyone telling me what I felt. I didn't need perfection. All I needed was him. I pressed my lips onto his and he kissed me back. His lips moved down my neck as he nibbled on my soft skin. A moan escaped my lips and my legs went jelly. He pushed me back on the bed and then one thing led to another...

******************************************

When my eyes fluttered open, my back hurt like a bitch and I felt really really tired. Wait, sleeping makes you feel better not worse the last time I checked... That's when I realised. I was naked and I noticed the man beside me. Did I have sex with Blake?! Oh good lord... No... I had sex with Zach. Fuck.

The memories of last night invaded my mind. The challenge, the game, the break down, the sex. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I pushed Zach off me and started getting dressed. I knew he was awake and lazily staring at me. But I couldn't care less.

"Why is that after every time we have sex you're the one leaving?" He joked.

"Because whenever we have sex, it's a mistake." I spat. He just sat there in shock as if someone had slapped him.

"You... Oh... Fuck. I thought after what emotion we shared yesterday you would understand what we felt for each other. The first time we fucked may be a fling but this time... I know it was real. I know you felt it too." He said.

"I was drunk." I lied.

"No you weren't! I can't believe why I would like you! You are nothing but using me! I liked you if not loved but you? Yesterday I could have asked you to do anything but I didn't. I didn't because I knew something was troubling you. I'm sorry I believed in you. I'm sorry I loved you. You're not worth any of Inertia. I thought behind those walls there was an actual person. But I was wrong, you are the walls and your inside is empty. This time when I will walk out, nothing will bring me back."

I saw him leave. It felt different. I felt different. It was a part of me leaving. Somehow in some twisted way, I need him. If not as a partner, as a friend. And what did I do? I drove him away. That's what I always do. Now what will I do? The thing that I always do. I'll carry on with my life. I'll newline once again.

But before that, I have one more thing to solve. I have to end things with Blake. I cant be with him. That's what I hate all this. Emotions mess me up way too much and I can never handle it. I feel weak and I absolutely can not bear that feeling....