Eight

"Green eyes?" The guy called. 

Lauren was about to enter Camila's car but stopped in her tracks. There's only one person she knows with that voice-

"Luis? Oh my God it's you!" Lauren exclaimed, jumping on the guy who caught and spun her around.

"Hey how long has it been?" He kissed Lauren's cheeks. 

"I don't know! How are you? You're looking good!" Lauren excitedly commented.

From the car, a petite girl is narrowing her eyes at the two, her grip tightening around the steering wheel. Her knuckles are turning white watching the interaction outside her car. 

"Five." Camila breathed.

"You don't look bad yourself." He teased. "What's new with you? How's Chris?" Luis asked, his hands not leaving Lauren's waist. 

"Four." Camila gritted.

"I'm fine. I'm good. I haven't heard from Chris but hey how long are you staying here for?" Lauren smiled widely. 

"Just couple of weeks. We should hang!" He said.

"Three." Camila closed her eyes. 

"Yeah totally. Uh-I'm working at this coffee shop here but I'm off for today. You should visit some time."

"Two." Camila said eyeing the guy's hand. 

"Cool. I'll try to see you everyday. I missed you." Luis said, his hands traveling up to caress Lauren's cheeks. Lauren leaned in to the touch, smiling genuinely at him.

"Hey babe, who's your friend?" Camila asked, leaning at the car's door. Luis backed away from Lauren when he felt the girl tense. She looked at Camila then back at Luis. 

"Uh Camz! This is uh, Luis. He's my brother's friend." She said.

"Ouch. Just your brother's?" He said, feigning hurt. 

"Shh stop it Luis." Lauren slapped him in the arm playfully.

Camila glared at them. She walked towards Luis and extended her hand. 

"Camila." She introduced lazily.

"Nice meeting you, Camila." Luis said, sensing the girl's indifference. 

"I'd say I feel the same but-" Camila said, trailing her sentence. She didn't follow it with anything though, causing an awkward air between the three of them.

"Laur, is it okay if we drop by the pet shop before we head home? I need some dog food for Byrd." She said. 

"Yeah. Sure." Lauren nodded. Camila entered the car again, sending a lazy salute at Luis.

"Uh I should go. Visit me some time okay?" Lauren said. 

"Yeah yeah. I will. Take care." Luis kissed Lauren's cheek once again. Camila honked at them earning a chuckle from Lauren.

"Bye Luis!" She waved. 

-

Camila isn't talking. Like at all. When they arrived at the pet shop, she just smiled at the receptionist. The old lady proceeded to pack a week worth of dog food, as if she knows what Camila needs the moment she entered the door. She had a boy bring it at the back of Camila's car, while Camila mouthed a thank you to the lady. Lauren just stood awkwardly beside her, wishing she didn't get out of the car. 

On their way home, Camila blasted the radio with A Rocket to the Moon's On Your Side album, humming along with the melody. Lauren wanted to ask what's wrong, but she felt like she got the picture clearly.