Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Sometimes you can't explain what you see in a person. It's just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.

Harry didn't let go of me for the rest of the day, only once, when Lucas told everyone to get out of the office so he could talk privately with Harry. I kissed him softly, tenderly, before following my father outside, into the hallway, with the others. I stood with my back against the wall, trying to make sense of everything, and when Harry walked back out, I still had nothing.

I'm just happy he's safe, and here with me. Happy, glad, ecstatic, delighted, every other synonym that there possibly is, and I'm that.

I can finally tell him what's been bottled up inside of me, but not here. Not now. I want to do it later when we're finally alone, and I can confess my heart to him without prying eyes.

That's why when Lucas said Harry and I could go home, I was overjoyed. I still hadn't uttered a single word, and maybe I finally can now. Lucas will tell Jess and the others what happened if word hadn't spread already, so I don't worry about them right now.

I have time for that later.

And that's when I finally have the thought that...everything will be slowing down now. How drastic will things change now? Evan is out of the picture, he's gone for good, no longer hovering over our shoulders. The whole purpose of the organization was to stop Evan and his men, and it's been done. Of course there will be few months of waiting to see if anyone left will start something again, but I don't think they will, honestly.

Maybe now Lucas and Regina can tie the knot and live in peace. Jess can move forward with her life without the looming threat of the past haunting her. She'll find her place in the world and figure out her relationship with Steven.

Harry and I can finally move forward. And no matter how hard the butterflies' wings pound against my stomach at the thought, I can't wait. It'll be scary, but that's how life works.

If you're not moving forward, then you're moving back.

Quite frankly, I don't want to move backwards, because the past was not as bright as I see the future. It was dark, full of constant fear, and I hated it.

Harry certainly isn't the same person I met the night of the party, but that's only because he's opened up to me, he let me see what was behind the cruel face and stone cold eyes. I will take this man in all his forms, because all of his forms make him the man I love. And now that I have him back, I will not be letting him go. I won't let him slip past my guard, out of my heart, for as long as I live.

My heart pumps even faster than it did when I start him again as it finally sinks in that Harry admitted he loves me. He said it as soon as he possible could, in front of people and all, but low enough that only I could hear it.

He loves me.

Harry Styles loves me.

"What're you thinking about?" He asks as I return to the present. He closes the door to his flat, tugging at the ends of his curls, and strolls painlessly over to me. I was glad to hear my father say he didn't have any major problems or injuries that he could tell.

He doesn't close the gap between us, keeping distance for some reason I couldn't comprehend. I took initiative and moved closer to him, silently telling him that I wanted to be as close as possible. I wrapped my arms around his waist, his around my shoulders, and I take in the warm of him. I imagine the many nights to come; we'll be cuddled under the sheets to keep warm from the nippy air.

My eyes flutter closed with the simple sensation of him, taking my time to enjoy it because I know that I'll have to go home in the morning. With a grin playing on my lips, I utter a vague, "Nothing."