Ai's Wicked Tongue (2)

Later on that night Ju Long and his three bodyguards walked up to the restaurant. It's doors were closed with a closed sign on it, but the windows were open and the light was on. From outside they could hear a woman singing. Her voice was very pleasant and drew their attention as they knocked on the door.

The voice stopped singing as Ai opened the door a crack to look at who it was before opening it widely to Ju Long.

"Duke Ju Long. Sir Thorvald. Sir Yuki. Sir Tamotsu." Ai said as she bowed. "Welcome. Baozhai had an incident earlier today and had to close, due to cleaning."

"May we come in?" Ju Long said as his eyes searched for his Wife.

"Of course." Ai said as she stepped aside.

"We heard about what happened. Is it true that Lady Sya collected hands as payment?" Yuki said as Ai showed them to their usual spot by the window. "And you threw them out like garbage?"

"Of course!" Ai said as she smiled at them. "Why wouldn't we take payment for our services and throw out the trash when we need to?"

The three guards laughed at Ai's statement.

"Wine please." Thorvald asked as he covered his mouth as he kept laughing. The two ladies were interesting to them. They were not like any other ladies that they know.

Ai bows to them before going behind the counter where she kept the tea leaves, tea sets, and the wine. She grabs two jugs of wine and brings them over with four cups.

"I must apologize. But currently the kitchen is closed." Ai said as she bowed to them again.

"And my Wife?" Ju Long said as he accepted the cup of wine. But his wandering eyes kept looking into the empty kitchen. "Where is she?"

"There was something she had to take care of." Ai said as she smiled tightly at them. "She should be back soon."

"Oh." Ju Long said as he frowned. What was so important that she had to take care of it at this hour. It was midnight already and she was out, alone, in the city or Gods knows where, without her servant by her side.

"Don't worry, Duke Ju Long. My Lady is very strong and powerful. She can take care of herself. She won't get hurt." Ai said comforting him.

"I can't help it that I worry." He admitted.

"Ai knows well how Duke Ju Long feels. I too, worry every time I am not with her. But we must learn to trust her and believe that she is okay and that she'll come back unharmed." Ai said as she pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Ai. Was it you who was singing earlier?" Tamotsu said as he changed the topic. He didn't want his Master to be sad anymore and didn't like the sad and worrying mood that came over Ai and Duke Ju Long.

"Ahhahaha!" Ai laughed. "You caught me! I hope I wasn't too terrible!"

"Terrible?!" Yuki exclaimed. "You sounded wonderful! It was as if you were a singing bird of the morning. Calling out to us to pay attention and listen! You have a beautiful voice!"

"Please stop, Sir Yuki!" Ai said as she covered her cheeks. "You are making me blush!"

"But it's true!" Thorvald said.

"Lets not talk about my singing! It makes me too shy!" Ai said as she fanned herself to cool herself down.

"Lady Sy--" Ju Long began to say when he was interrupted by a screeching voice.

"There Daddy! This is the restaurant that caused us to lose face!" Ruby said as she cried out pitifully. "Close it down, Daddy. I want you to close it down now!"

Ai stood up and watched as an old man in court clothes walked in with a young lady in yellow with a veil over her face. With them are four maids, two nurses and 20 guards.

"Baozhai Restaurant is close for tonight." Ai said as she bowed. "Please come again tomorrow."

"Humph." The old man said as he looked around the restaurant in contempt. "And you are?"

"And you are?" Ai said back at him making him almost want to spit out blood. Everyone knew who the Prime Minister of Meya Country was. And everyone bowed down to him wherever he went. To have the petite, slip of a girl ask him who he was, made him lose face.