23. Y/N's Bitches Part 2

Words: 1.3K

Warnings: Language

Part two was requested! Here it is :) hope you like it!

You set the phone face-down on your bed: just on the mattress beside you. Your head is spinning with all sorts of things—things about what Bucky's going to say to you, mainly. What the hell happened there in that group chat? Wanda's been trying to convince you for months now that Bucky Barnes has been harboring feelings for you... romantic feelings, she claims. Ha! How ridiculous does that sound? Almost as ridiculous as the idea that Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America, is upset about the possibility of Bucky having those feelings...

This is all very complicated. Too complicated for a Tuesday evening at home. All you wanted was to curl up in Bucky's grey sweatshirt, chat with your friends on the phone, and watch a movie or two. Now you're staring at the blank wall and counting down the seconds until Bucky's going to call.

With an ugly grunt coming out of you, you flop backwards into the mattress. It bounces a bit at your movement. The thing creaks.

"Miss, are you in distress?"

You close your eyes a bit at the sound of the female AI. "Yes, Friday, I believe this would count as distress."

"Should I call the authorities?"

You laugh lightly. "No, Friday. I appreciate the offer. But I'm not in that sort of distress."

"Oh." Friday takes a pause. "Very well then, Miss."

You decide that while you wait for Bucky's call you may as well watch some TV. So you search around your blankets for the remote. The struggle goes on and on... and then you hear the phone ring.

In your mad search for the remote, it seems as though you've lost your phone.

"No, no, no!" you mutter to yourself. On bare feet you skitter around the messy bedroom looking for the ringing thing. You can't let it go to voicemail—Bucky would think you're avoiding him, and this would all just get so much more complicated.

"Oh thank god," a sigh comes from your mouth as you spot the holy thing under one of your pillows. Anxiously you put it to your phone—just in time for the very last ring.

"Bucky?" You're sort of breathless as you beckon his name.

"Yeah, it's me."

You flop down onto your mattress again. "Bucky, what the hell is going on? Is this all as dramatic as it felt like it was?" Part of you is hoping that he tells you you're wrong: nothing's going on, and so there's nothing for Steve to be mad about. But a bigger part of you... well, you sorta hope that Wanda isn't wrong.

"That group chat was stupid, Y/N."

You frown. "Well jeez—sorry I missed you guys and wanted to talk."

Bucky can hear the annoyance in your voice. His picks up a decibel as he tries to compensate for upsetting you. "No, no. That's not what I meant. It was a fine idea to get in touch. I meant—well, I meant it was stupid that Wanda and Nat said anything about me."

Again your eyebrows furrow. You come up from the bed to start pacing in circles as you talk. "Oh. Yeah, I guess it was." You clear your throat to keep it from sounding a certain way. "I get it now; you don't have to explain anything to me. I guess I'll let you go back to your mission then..."

"Wait, Y/N. That's—fucking hell—that's not what I meant, either." He sounds exasperated as he talks. You can picture him running those metal fingers through his hair as he sighs.