Chapter 2 - Maple syrup on waffles

Alexandria

'I'm hungry,' I mind linked Ash bored more than actually hungry but then again I am always hungry, 'for waffles.'

I could hear Ash giggling through the mind link but she didn't respond.

Huffing laying on my bed I tried again, 'Ash I am bored what are you even doing that has taken you away from fabulous me?'

More giggles and still no answer but someone else did answer me which was a growling Brendon. Wooh what did I do wrong?

'Stop making Ash laugh we are in a meeting.' Brendon's Alpha tone boomed in my head making me whimper slightly. It's not like I knew they were in a meeting they never told me that.

Huffing out a sigh I sat up in my bed reaching out of my phone that was on my white side table. It was four pm now which meant the pack meeting was in an hour. I had one whole hour to waist before the dreaded meeting.

Taking another sniff of the beautiful scent I have been surrounded in since this morning I got up out of bed. Well, I am not going to just hang out in my room for an hour so might as well go check out the warriors practice out in the field for an hour.

With that thought in mind, I pocketed my phone and headed down the hall enjoying the smell of waffles by a fire in the woods. All the things I love most in life in one whole sniff. How is that even possible. Are others smelling this awesome shit too or am I officially going mad?

When I made it outside the scent got dimmer but it was still there for me to enjoy while I watched the warriors practise. I enjoyed not just the hot guys working out shirtless but also watching their form and fighting techniques.

If my wolf wasn't so timid I wished I could be a warrior but I was cursed to fight with less of my strength.

Watching the familiar men fighting I sighed in relaxation taking mental notes of how they fought. Some of the men stopped fighting to wave at me happy to see me back watching them. I have been watching the warriors practice since I was a little girl so they pretty much know now to position themselves so I can watch them without them blocking my sight from them.

"Oof." A man grunted coming from the closer pair of men. I recognised the man that grunted but to my shock, the man that hit him was no one I recognised.

My wolf freaked out suddenly aware that there were three men practising that I did not know. Taking in the men's scent ignoring the beautiful scent I realise that these men are not from my pack.

My wolf went into full panic mode cowing inside me. My anxiety kicked in making me feel like I could not breathe. All the noises seemed louder. There smell stuck in my nose. I couldn't move all I could do is whimper hoping that the feeling would go away.

I know I was being irrational but I could not help but be frightened.

My eyes were glued onto the fighting men until one of my pack members looked my way with smiles only to get his smile smacked away with worry when he realised what was happening to me. My whole pack knew about my condition so I was glad when he saw me.

He screamed for everyone to stop before walking over to me. All the other men just watched me but the men I did not know stared at me too much it made me chock back a cry lodged in the back of my throat.

My pack member slowly walked up to me cautiously not wanting to frighten me further. I remembered his name being Kian the third best fighter in our pack. He will be able to keep me safe from the men for sure if they tried to hurt me even though I knew the men looked like they wouldn't hurt me. It wasn't like they were rogue.