it goes on forever

it goes on forever

. . .

[last night]
[their apartment]

Jungkook's:

I paced back and forth in the kitchen, drinking water now and then as I wait for her to come home. I looked at the chair beside the window where she usually sits when she's either pissed at me or when she ignores me. There's no in-between.

I dialed her number one more time but I can't reach it. I already called Lizzy, but that b.itch never liked me. She thought her best-friend deserves everyone else, except me. I'm starting to think she's pimping her to every man in town, including that Kiwoo. Kyungtae. Kijung. Kihyun. Whatever fu.ck that guy's name is.

"Chae Hyeri. If you go home drunk again, I swear I will handcuff you on the bed." My phone screen is already wet from the sweat on my ears. I called and called her, only to be answered by her voice mail.

I quickly jumped on my feet when I heard a knock on my door. I hope it's you. Please, let it be you. It wasn't Lizzy bringing her home this time. It was that guy. The last guy I want to see right now. He was carrying her horizontally on his arms.

"Yah! What did you do to her?!" I immediately snatched her from him. She almost fell. Thank goodness, she wasn't that heavy.

"Hmmm, Jungkook," she groaned reaching her hands to my neck, in which she grabbed on delicately.

"You need to be careful. She has—" I kicked the door shut before he could say one more word.

He looks so annoying. Even the way he breathes creeps me out. Ergh. I tossed Hyeri on my arms to balance her weight, and carried her straight to bed.

"Hmm, Jungkookie," she grunted as she tucked herself inside the sheets. I was going through her closet, finding her pajamas but I was startled when she screamed out loud.

"No!" She was sitting on the bed, her breathing was irregular. Her eyes were open, but she was not awake. She stayed that way for roughly three seconds and then slowly went back to slumber.

"What. The. Tell. Was. That?"

My eyebrows met as I approached her. I lifted the blanket up to her stomach and pulled her pants down. What I saw struck like a thunderclap on my spine, leaving shards of fear and madness in my mind. Who could've done this to you?

I fondled the bruises I found on her inner thigh. There were at least two dark marks on the left, and one on the right, like she's been punched or slapped.

"What are these?" I whispered, going through them once more. Was that guy trying to warn me about this a while ago?

My phone rang all of a sudden, and all my attention at her was gone. It's strange for me. Only four people know my number: Hyeri, Taehyung, Mom and Dad. Hyeri wouldn't obviously call me. Taehyung would be sleeping like a dead person at this hour. Could it be my parents? I answered the call and luckily, I wasn't wrong.

"Mom?" No. It wasn't mom who answered.

"J—Jungkook, our—our parents are gone." That was Jin's, my older brother, voice shaking, and breaking over the line.

...our parents are gone. No. He must be kidding me. This can't be happening right now. "I will beat your a.ss hyung, tell me you're just messing with me."

I tried. I tried so hard to contain my tears. No. This is not happening.

"Jungkook, p—please come home. I can't do this alone." I'm sorry I wasn't there, but I'm coming, hyung.

"I'll be— I'll be there." I quickly dressed Hyeri and packed my things.

I don't think I'll be coming back soon, but I will. Tucking the sheets of my bed, pulling the curtains down, I rushed my way out of the apartment. Driving my way back home, I couldn't help but think if I was a good son. Hyeri's mom said something about me, taking the entire company if I marry her daughter. Could it be true?

Jin welcomed me on his arms before I could enter his room. He's a mess. I wouldn't wonder why he reacted this way. He never wanted to be the heir of our company, he was a rebel. I may have gotten that personality from him, but I was still obedient to my parents. He used to spend his nights with his friends, and away from home. Most days, we wouldn't see him. He was so lost, but our parents loved us equally. The more he ran away, the more they loved him. If only he had known. All I could see right now are regrets from his eyes.

"I would've been a good son!" He cried.

"Hyung, it's okay," I replied as if I wasn't affected at all.

But it was painful inside. I had to be strong because that's what they taught me. My parents are classified businessmen, their lives has always been on the line.

"I envy you so much. I wish—I wish I had more time with them."

"They loved you so much, hyung. Even—Even when you're away, even when they're g—gone. They love you."

He cried on my shoulders the entire night. It's funny. I am the younger son yet I'm the one comforting him. I've always longed for his presence, his care for me as my hyung. Yet, perhaps he needed my care more.

My phone buzzed after 30 mins I have just been asleep. Can't I take some rest? I miss how comfortable my bed here is. I snapped back into reality when I saw her name.

"Hyeri?" I could hear her breathing, fading away slowly. The next thing I heard was her phone, hitting the floor.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡ
🌻 note:

Annyeong! How's your day?

Hmm, this chapter's a bit short. It's just JK's POV of last night so, anyway. I published a new story, lmao. I told myself I would focus on reading more fanfics for a while. Jokes on me.

Please check out Mad Hatter. It's somewhere on my profile, and it's all about BTS (of course, lol). The story will circle around Jin's death, and the rest of the members finding out who killed him. I'm really excited about it though, it's my first time writing about killer stuff.

Have a good life!