Chapter 46

Hey guys! I'm really sorry for my short absence there but I had a busy week since it was homecoming week and I'm on StuCo! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I want to thank you all for reading!

Enjoy<3

**UPDATE**
Thank you guys so much for 8k reads! That's great news, couldn't have done it without you all!

***

Jennifer's POV -

Suspicion was not scarce in the following days at Hogwarts.

Every student had developed a certain habit of looking over their shoulder in the corridor, especially when alone, and especially late at night. It seemed that everybody slept with an eye open, even myself.

They'd kept us in the Great-Hall-sleeping-bag-safety arrangement for several days before moving us back into the dorms, and so far, no more attacks had occurred since.

Still, the same hushed whispers rippled across the castle. Nobody felt safe, and everybody was now only looking out for themselves.

Except for Draco, who, for not the first time, was always within a 10 foot radius of me whenever he possibly could be. He told me to constantly owl him when he was working on the task and not to wander the corridors at night alone (I would later break this rule), and try to be in bed by 10:00, Jennifer, and always have your wand at ready because you never know what could happen, Jennifer.

Still, classes continued as usual, and the professors pretend that there definitely wasn't a dry suspicion floating in the air, except for a select few, Snape included.

The warmth of Spring had come at the turn of the weekend, and it was a quiet Monday morning. The Great Hall was filled with the smell of honey buns and apple cider as Josefina, Kelsie, and I sat before our first class.

"Fucking Crabbe." Josefina spits into her heavily buttered breakfast roll.

"Wha'r he do?" Kelsie asks, her mouth full of blackberry cobbler.

"Bumped right into me this morning and knocked my shit all over the floor, and then kept walking." Josefina rolls her eyes, taking a large bite out of her biscuit. "Asshole."

"Do you guys want to take lunch down to the lake today?" I suggest, picking at a napkin. Kelsie throws me a confused look, her eyes squinted and nose crinkled upwards.

"I don't know," I say. Really, I just want to spend some extra time with my best friends. "Get some deli meat and Italian bread and bring it out under the willow tree down by the lake."

"Sounds good to me." Josefina examines her biscuit, puckering her lips. "I've got a load of shit to tell you two about what happened in the Common Room last night after you guys went to bed." A laugh of disbelief escapes her lips, as though she's reliving the memory over again in her mind.

We all agree to meet in the Great Hall at 12:30 during our break, and make the unanimous decision to begin the voyage down to the dungeons for our first lesson.

***

The day drags by painfully slow as I await my lunch date with Josefina and Kelsie. I feel as though I find myself glancing up at the clock every 2 minutes.