Pondering in The Air.

×××

I wonder what it would be like to be ten, I wonder what will change. Will I be different? Will I change?

Will I be different?

No quiet voice answered my question this time and I tried not to huff in annoyance. I needed to be quiet.

Talia sat right next to me, just separated by the arm of my chair. I didn't linger long on the fact that she didn't wear any safety belts. Maybe a part of me wanted her to disappear.

Or die. The voice finally reappeared and I dragged my gaze away from the strips of leather that rested by the side of Talia. If she didn't want to be belted in that was fine.

A little part of me hoped she would survive if the plane crashed. A lot of me wanted her gone.

Since she was so close I couldn't take out the book and I really wanted to read it. My fingers itched as I fought to stay still and look unbothered. I focused on the way she glanced at me every ten minutes, her forehead furrowed in thought as she did. If I didn't know better I would think she was worried about me...

No, not about me. I drew my eyes away from her expressionless face. I knew that she was more worried about what I would do to myself. I cut myself.

The tips of my fingers were covered up and I stared at the soft white material with a frown. I should know what it was but I didn't.

I didn't know a lot of things and I'm starting to remember why.

I was going to die. Yes, that's why I keep feeling this painful tug at my heart. Things were coming back. Not everything but some at least.

I remembered people. Mother and father. Their faces used to haunt my dreams but now I knew who they were. My parents.

It was strange because I always thought I belonged to Ra's, I never imagined that there were other people who knew me before. I was always just there.

I was always just alive.

I never knew.

My parents were dead.

I missed them.

I never knew them though.

I missed what I remembered.

×××
Chapter 4
Edited
×××
This is when I realize
that this version is going to
have more than hundred chapters :)
×××