Chapter 10 - Aden's delicious waffle voice

Alexandria

It's been two weeks since the pack meeting, you could say this week has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. One minute I would be happy then all of a sudden a new person would walk into the room and I'll be a scared little girl. Thankfully most of the pack quickly learnt to go easy on me and send for Lion, Nolan or Ryan if I did go into an episode.

Aden, on the other hand, has been a total asshole as usual. We barely talk but when we do all he does is make me frustrated to no ends.

He still hasn't made any effort to get to know me.

In the mornings Aden would make sure he would wake up before me so he doesn't have to talk to me. He also makes sure to come to the room late so we don't talk as well. All he has done since the pack meeting is avoid me as much as he is capable to.

I don't even know why I expected more from him.

I still hated him for almost sleeping with the redhead but his avoiding me makes my heart feel like it's being stabbed a million times. It feels worse than seeing him with that slut.

I don't understand how he can look for me for months and not want to get to know me. Is being an Alpha more important than knowing me? He needs to get his priorities straight or I'm just going to have to leave.

I don't even know why I haven't left yet. Is it because I have hope that Aden will be better or am I just a stupid scared little girl who doesn't know better?

The only problem with leaving is that Aden will not become Alpha until his father passes away. Even if he mates with someone that isn't his real mate he will have to wait. I don't want to be the reason for the downfall of his pack. This pack is beautiful and strong and if I leave I am putting this pack in danger.

All that pressure is on me.

My wolf doesn't care on the other hand and is just too scared to accept Aden. She doesn't care if this pack burns down to the ground. All she cares about is herself and staying safe. Selfish is what she is.

For the past two weeks, we have fought for control. She just wants to run away but the thought of being caught by rouges on the way home frightened her more than mating with Aden.

Laying on my makeshift bed/couch my stomach growled pulling me from my thoughts. Sitting up I grabbed my phone off the coffee table to check the time. As I checked the time I noticed Ash texted me as well as Lion.

Unlocking my phone I check my messages. I wasn't surprised that Ash texted me it was normal for Ash to text me since for the past two weeks she has been keeping me updated with her life and is continuously telling me she misses me. I also wasn't surprised that Lion texted me because he has made it his life goal to get me to have dinner with them in the left wing dining room. He has begged me to get out of my room more.

Lion is pretty much the reason I have gotten to know most of the pack now. I barely even leave my room without him or Nolan. Ryan on the other than is always busy but when he has the time he does come to my room to make sure I am okay.

Locking my phone after replying to them I heard a knock at my door. Getting up slowly I sniff the air to smell who it was and relaxed when I smelt the familiar scent of a girl. Going to the door I opened it slowly to see a short blond girl in uniform. She held out my food which smelt delicious.

This girl in front of me is one I have come accustom to for the past two weeks. Her name is Lydia and she is a shy sweet small girl that was very hard to be scared of. Aden assigned her to send me food every day and make sure I was okay. I guess he assigned her to me since she was not frighting to me at all.