Chapter 9 - The Mortal Sin of Two Men

Explicit content found in this chapter that may offend some readers. Mature readers only please! Thx :)

Once he dropped off the two teens at their respective homes, Albert drove back to his apartment after picking up a small bottle of wine for himself. He was in desperate need for alcohol to cope and calm himself down after what he had seen and heard. The scene replayed in his mind making his grip on the steering wheel tighter as he pulled into the parking lot.

Making his way up to his floor, he took out his keys and slipped it into the the doorknob unlocking the apartment but heard a footstep behind him. Before he had any chance to turn around; he felt a body push him onto the door, allowing the door the open completely. Albert stumbled into the apartment, the bottle of wine rolled out of the plastic bag and onto the floor.

A burglar?!?!?! Albert panicked, picking up his glasses that fell off his face he looked up at the dark figure shutting the door behind him slowly. The figure chuckled, his shoulders bouncing in humor and delight at seeing Albert all panicked and scared.

The figured stepped further into the room and allowed the street lamp post' light to shine on his face.

James stood there with a deep grin showing off his pearly whites.

"What the hell man?!" Albert shouted to which James put a finger to his own lips and made a Shhh noise.

"What's your problem?" Albert demanded more quietly, he was nervous seeing James like this. He remained on the floor still unwilling to move and stand up. James crouched down in front of Albert, his eyes bouncing back and forth from the deep blue color behind his black framed glasses.

"What is it going to take Albert?" James asked politely.

Albert merely frowned deeply confused at James' question. "What are you talking about?"

A sarcastic laugh escaped the priest, his knees touched the wood floor and he made his way closer to Albert. "I'll ask again. What is it going to take for you to keep your mouth shut. Albert?" James grabbed his friend by the collar of his shirt examining his expression of fear and confusion through his glassy eyes.

Albert could hear his heart pounding in his ear, he wanted to slap himself in the face but all he could do was stare back at James' maple eyes. On the one hand he was terrified at the anger in James' burning demeanor, but at the same time, without warning Albert felt the flames of passion ignite in his gut. He had never been this close to James' face, he could practically taste his breath and if he merely reached out his neck he would feel his lips.

Albert reminded silent, not answering James instead he turned his head to his side ignoring the question.

"Go home..." he muttered.

James' hand trembled in anger. He stood up and forcefully gripped onto the collar, pulling Albert up to his feet. The priest was not done, he wanted to make sure his friend would never think to betray him. The adrenaline surging through James' body, forcing Albert against the wall. With his forearm tucked under Albert's chin he hoisted him up, his feet dangled below him.

Albert was choking, his fingernails scratched at James' arms hoping he would release him.

He can't be serious?! He can't...be...serious... was all Albert could think whilst his hands gripped onto James' arm in a weak attempt to free himself. After a few short seconds James released his grip and lowered Albert's feet back onto the wood floor, still keeping him pinned against the wall.