30

Adora

The door flew open and I turned around, gripping my hip as Santiago stumbled in.

"It's about time you're back," I said, "the boys are asleep. Alessandra's in their room with them."

I reached towards my bag, but froze when I noticed something off about him. I took a few steps towards him and he shot me a smirk.

"Are you drunk?"

He puckered his lips out, shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe."

"Did you really not have anything more exciting to do?" I asked, wrapping an arm around his middle. I dragged him to the staircase and helped him make his way upstairs.

"Santiago, you're going to have to help me out here," I grunted out, attempting to use my body weight to pull him.

Santiago was a solid man, in the most aesthetically pleasing way possible. Except when I needed to carry him upstairs.

I dragged him through the hallway once we made it upstairs, opening his bedroom door. I pulled him inside and watched as he fell against the wall.

I closed the door behind me and folded my arms over my chest, watching as he stumbled towards the bed. He ripped off his jacket and shirt and threw both articles of clothing to the side.

I grabbed his jacket from the ground, hanging it up on their coat rack. I watched as he tried to pull the heavy comforter back, but slipped every time. He was beyond drunk.

I walked over to the bed and pulled the comforter back, looking down at him as he climbed in the bed. I sloppily threw the covers on top him and sat on the edge of the bed.

I was exhausted.

"Santiago, how did you even get home?" I asked, looking over at him.

His eyes fluttered open. "Uber."

"Okay," I muttered, "where's your car?"

"At the bar," he sighed.

I was sure my face was expressive enough.

"What?" He muttered, "I'm going back to get it in the morning."

"And how are you going to do that? Walk?" I deadpanned.

"No," he yawned, "you're going to drive me."

"Who said?"

"Me," he whispered, grinning as he tapped the tip of my nose.

I was defeated. I'd just carried a two-hundred pound man up a seemingly endless staircase, and I was basically babysitting. I chose to pick my current battles carefully.

"I'll be over early in the morning."

"No," he said, his strong hand gripping mine before I could stand.

I looked down at his hand on mine, looking at him from under my eyelashes. He looked at me as if he wasn't drunk for a split second, but that look faded.

"You stay tonight," he slurred, "here. Stay here."

"I'm not sleeping in here."

"I'm not asking you to," he muttered, "sleep in the g-guest room across the hall."

I watched as he threw his hand up, pointing to the closed door. "Behind that."

I nodded slowly. "I gathered that much."

"Are you going to stay?" He softly asked, peeking at me from over the comforter.

I couldn't help but to crack a smile. "I'll stay."