Gathering of Hell

This chapter has not been edited!

***

I choked on my saliva. 

"What?"

"I asked you for your address but you wouldn't give it to me so I brought you to my house instead. You can either stay here or you can tell me where you live," he bargained. 

"This has to be a joke."

"No, I am being perfectly serious."

"No, no," I said as I shook my hands in the air. "I live here."

He looked like a cute little lost puppy for a second before it occurred to him. 

"You're lying."

"Do I owe you a lie?" I rolled my eyes. "My house is that one right there."

He walked towards me to see where I was pointing before sighing. Our houses were literally two houses away from one another. 

"I have lived here for years now and I know everyone here. How have I never met you before?" 

"I don't mingle with the neighbours," I huffed before grabbing my bag from the car and walking towards my house. 

"Sorry about Daniella," he said, causing me to turn back to face him, "she can be a little bit of a trouble maker. Once you get to know her, she's really nice though," he defended. What made him think I would ever want to get to know Daniella was beyond me but I wasn't in the mood to talk to him anymore. 

"I'll return your sweater tomorrow, neighbour," I called out, ending our conversation. I heard him groan before turning around and entering his own house. I let out a small snicker before entering mine. 

 ***

As if the fact that my Saturday was already ruined wasn't bad enough, I was now stuck participating in my mother's monthly gathering with her stuck up friends. To say I stood out like a sore thumb would be an understatement. While I was dressed in a black casual shirt and some comfy jeans, all the ladies were dressed as if they were attending some King's birthday party. My mother warned me that I would be making a fool of myself but I hadn't listened. To be completely honest, the only reason I had even attended in the first place was because I had overheard that my Prince's mother would be attending the gathering. I kind of regretted not dressing up after seeing her look me up and down in her perfectly snobbish way, but I got over it as soon as I saw the food and realised I would make a bigger fool of myself if  I dressed fancily only to drop food all over it. 

"And Martha Kane of Kane Enterprise's son is dating a poor girl," one of the ladies gossiped, sounding completely appalled. "Martha can't even show her face in public anymore!" 

A collective gasp erupted across the table. Were these people serious? I felt like I was watching a live adaption of Desperate Housewives or something. 

"Emma isn't attending today?" I asked Emma's mother who was sitting a few seats away from me. 

"Emily said she had a lot of homework but she'll try to attend," she smiled. 

Emma's mother was a very beautiful lady. She was a former top model and she had met her aristocrat husband at a business trip. Apparently they went through a lot just to get married and in the end they had to lie to their families and claim she was pregnant just to get blessings. She fell pregnant short after so it was a happy story. Both Emma's mother and father seemed like such great people and out of all the stuck up socialites at this gathering, she was the only one I could bare to actually speak to. Maybe it was because she wasn't born into a family that was unimaginably rich. She just had a very down-to-Earth and kind nature. Emma seemed to have taken both her looks and her personality from her mother.