Chapter 87

I know updates are slower than usual but I'm in the process of writing the first chapter of my next book *wiggles eyebrows* and so I'm a little preoccupied. Also, I've just managed to change my course at university from Sports Psychology to English and I'm overwhelmed but very pleased! So, Lunar Whispers will be updated for the final time on the 1st of October, but it'll be the birth of a new era so hang tight for some Angel and Demon action ;)

- Sian

"Will!" Sam yelled and banged on his door with both hands, hoping to grab his attention. "Will, you have to see this!"

Corey and his Angel stared at the big wooden door while they heard quick shuffling, coming from within the room. When it opened, a flustered looking William stood in front of Sam with a towel around his neck, no t-shirts on and short's which he had flung on so he could answer the door.

His chest was still wet from his shower and his hair caused droplets of water to drip down the side of his face.

Sam's cheeks didn't hide the fact that he was blushing quite a lot. His eyes stared at William's chest longer than he anticipated.

"U-Um..." He pointed behind him and tried his hardest to keep his gaze connected with the humans, "There's an angel and his soulmate here."

William, who was oblivious to Sam's struggles looked to where he pointed and his eyes were instantly drawn to two magnificent white wings. Panuleon eyes were slightly narrowed while he stared between the werewolf and the human. He could sense something, almost like a connection and it was much stronger than a simple friendship.

"You're..." William's glossy eyes grew wide while he stared at the angel and Sam stared at him. He never in his life thought that he would meet someone so inspirational and influential. Angels used to be the creatures who he hoped would watch over him when he was little and had nightmares. Grace used to tell him that they were always around him, making sure that the monsters would never hurt him when he's sleeping.

"Hello, it's a pleasure to meet such an important human," Panuleon beamed.

"W-What?" He nearly snorted with surprise. "I'm not important-"

"Of course you are," He interrupted. "You are the brother of a God. You are one of the most important humans in this world."

William's heart was swept away with his kindness.

"Thank you so much." He glanced at Sam who tried to divert his eyes but they were lost in his sparkle. "I'm speaking to an angel," He breathed, making Corey chuckle.

Panuleon linked his fingers together and tilted his head.

"Forgive me for asking, but are you two soulmates?"

Now, Sam's cheeks went from a peachy salmon to a blazing fire.

"What?" William frowned. "Why did you say that?"

"There's a vivid connection between you both. Are you waiting to connect-"

"Pan, we need to go, the portal will close in thirty seconds." Corey tugged on his arm, making him lose focus.

"Woah, hold on a second, you can't just come out with something like that and then leave!" Sam furrowed his eyebrows with desperation.

"I apologise but we have to go." The angel took his soulmates hand and stood back. However, he wished he didn't mention it as the look in William's eyes were that of guilt and confusion. "Don't overthink it, my angel senses are not always correct."

Corey squeezed his hand, knowing that wasn't true. An angel is never wrong.

"Goodbye," He beamed and in a blink of an eye, they vanished.