Chapter XXXII

Kissing may or may not be the best part.

It makes someone feel loved, feel at ease and makes you feel breathlessly taken aback from what just happened. He may not be my first kiss but he was the guy that I had my best kiss with. A kiss that can clearly blow off my charts and made my stomach feel butterflies.

Actually, I felt like the whole zoo was in my stomach. Free and wild as the fireworks interrupted the sky.

"I'm sorry," He took a brief moment to relax and then continues to kiss me, cupping my cheeks as I relax my own hands and made its way around his neck to deepen the kiss.

"I've been trying to contain myself from kissing you but it looks like," He stops kissing me. "You're the only one who keeps on stepping closer towards me, making me want to do the impossible."

I bite my bottom lip as I stare at his eyes. He caresses my lips with his own fingers, "Don't do that, you're just making me want to kiss you again," He said. We both chuckled, he looked at me and I looked away.

"You know, I haven't finished the story on why my father died," I said. He looks at me with a hint of concern in his eyes and placed both of his hands on my shoulders.

"You don't have to tell me if it's just going to make you feel uncomfortable at the end," He said while looking at my lips, "But if you are willing to tell me, I can assure you that I'll be here for you, to be your crying shoulder," He continues, making me tug up a smile on my face.

.

.

.

"Dad," I said as I ran towards my dad and embraced him, seeing his presence once again makes me so happy.

My dad hasn't been home for 2 months because of his work, his boss made him go to another state for their company. He never told my mom the reason why but I feel like Mom senses something from my dad.

"Pumpkin, I miss you so much," He said, embracing me as well. "How are you and your mom?" He asked while smiling at me.

"Not so good without you. But now that you're here for my birthday, we'll be happy again because we're complete," I said happily.

I'm turning eight this year and I guess my birthday wish came true after all, dad is here to celebrate with me and my mom for my birthday.

"Oh honey, I wish I could but... daddy has work to do, again," He said, making my smile die. "You know I have to work for you and your mom, right?" He said and I just nodded my head.

"I understand, dad," I said as I try to fake a smile on my face, not wanting to cry in front of my father.

"To cheer you up, what do you want as your birthday present?" He asked, smiling at me and placing both of his hands on my shoulders.

You. Us. Being complete again is all I wanted.

"Nothing, I guess," I said, making his smile turn into a sad smile. He looked at me, trying to find the reason in my eyes. He told me once that looking into a person's eyes can help you find the reason why.

"I bought a Laptop for you, I guess you don't want it, huh?" He said and my face lights up with pure happiness.

"I'll accept it," I said while smiling cheekily at him. He chuckles and pinches both of my cheeks and smiled.

It may not make me happy but at least, it's a present from my dad that I'll be accepting not a gift that he asked his colleagues to give me and saying that he bought it for me. Hopefully, he bought it. For me.