54

You see, in my school, flashy necklaces were not allowed. Teachers were more strict about this if it were a boy they were scolding.

"Dipper Pines" the teacher called attendance.

He looked up.

"What's that on your neck, Dipper?"

"Um..."

"If it's a necklace, I am obligated to ask you to put it away."

Nevermind that the girl next to me had violated several rules; her shirt was showing her belly button, her heeled boots were too high, she was chewing gum in a gum-free classroom, she was on her phone during roll call, her clothes were torn in various areas, her skirt was far too short, and she had gaudy earrings and a choker to match.

But that was really only analyzing for comparison to what I was wearing. School-safe attire, an earring, and a necklace.

He probably called me out because "guys shouldn't wear jewelry."

"It's...a...memorial of sorts...to my...friend. He recently.....passed." The end of my sentence was so quiet I was surprised I could even hear it. I don't think I even heard it, though.

"If that's the case, fine. Then what's that in your ear?" The teacher questioned.

"A present from Mabel. She'd be sad if I didn't wear it." I responded, slouching a little in my chair.

The teacher went back to roll call, then to normal class. He kept looking at me throughout the lesson, seemingly pissed at me for evading the rules with such "lame excuses."

The day was uneventful until lunch.

You see, Mabel had made a lot of friends, so she didn't really sit with me much.  Emma and Ella on the other hand, didn't like Mabel's friends and sat with me. They were too...sporty...

"Dipper!!!" I heard Ella's everyday shriek.

I had explained to them what had happened over break some time ago.

"Hey Dip!" Emma called.

"Hey guys."

We all sat at our own little table. (It was a normal size one...we were just the only ones there...)

Ella pulled out her lunch, and Emma left to go get in line to buy hers.

I didn't pack anything. I didn't have food money.

I didn't remember to eat most of the time, as of late.

"Dipper! I've noticed you never have lunch, so take this!" Ella said, sliding a container over to me.

"But isn't this yo--"

"Don't make excuses. Just eat! I got..." her eyes seemed to sparkle, like in anime, "leftovers!"

I opened what she handed me. Inside was a triangle-based food array.

I started crying, really without noticing.

Triangulum Notas.

"Dipper?! Is something wrong? Can you eat everything in there?"

I looked up at her. "It's just...life."

She nodded. "You don't have to eat it if you don't want to."

"I'll eat it, don't worry."

Ella smiled and then looked shocked at herself. "Oh yeah! I forgot to mention I have a little conspiracy thingy going on in my head."

"What is it?"

"Put down the food, and make sure you can't hit your head if you faint. I don't want you to die."

"Well? I'm not gonna die." I said, pretty sure that I could take any conspiracy thrown at me.

"Hmm...where to start."

"The main statement seems like a good place."

"Well," Ella started, "I think there's a very great possibility that...well..."

"Well?"

"Prepare your mind."

"Go on, Ella."

"There's a high probability that Bill is alive."

I felt like I had been hit by a truck, and that I had died.

Sorry for early publishing. I forgot to edit.