26

Jennifer has been totally silent since we left her mom's, and now we're walking into her apartment for the night. "Want anything? I'm gonna make some cookies or something and watch a movie." I say and she nods and smiles. "You okay?" "I'm fine as long as I have you." She says and walks over to me, hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around her body and squeeze her. She looks at me and kisses my lips multiple times, then she moves to my neck.

"I'm sorry for being an ass at lunch, Leah." She says and I feel her mouth getting tighter on my skin. I run my hands along her waist and allow her to do whatever she wants, even though I know I'll have a hickey there tomorrow. "Let me make it up to you..." she offers, sliding her hands down my body. I shake my head no and grab her hands, "I'm sorry, but not tonight baby." I say and she looks at me, shocked. "That is the first time you have ever turned down sex." She says and I laugh a little, "I know. I'm on my period and I just- I don't want to." I say. She sighs and lays her hands on my waist, "another time then, okay?" She grins and rubs her thumb over my cheek. I nod softly and smile at her.

* * *

I walk into the almost-empty apartment and Jennifer is no where to be found. I've had a long day... my boss sent me to the new office to handle some things before the opening, so I've been going non-stop all day long... it's exhausting.

I walk into the bedroom and see Jennifer getting undressed. "How was your day?" Jen asks and let's her hair down over her naked shoulders. "It was good, tiring. Yours?" "It was fine. Glad to be home. You wanna shower with me?" She asks and gives me "the eyes". I shake my head and jump onto the bed. "I'm tired, baby." I admit and she sighs and nods her head, going into the bathroom unaccompanied. After ten minutes of staring at the ceiling, I change into sweats and a t-shirt and then head to the bathroom to wash my face. When I push the door open I see Jennifer's face through the mirror. It takes me less than a second to figure out what she's doing, and she just stares at me as she orgasms. She takes her hand away and leans against the wall, breathing hard and waiting for me to do something. I sigh and turn the water on to wash my face.

"Really?" She mutters and grabs her towel. "I get nothing..?" She continues. "Jen, I'm fucking tired. Please don't do this..." I say and look at her. She looks at me, really shocked and I shake my head, "goodnight." I say and go lay down.

Today has been a lot and we have a long day of moving tomorrow. I have a lot of things on my mind, and sex is not one of them.

* * *

Mid-day rolls around and all of our major furniture has been delivered and set up... Jennifer's in the bedroom unpacking and organizing things while I unpack the kitchen stuff. We haven't talked much today for two reasons. Number one, we've been busy.  Number two, she is still mad at me for last night. Thankfully, one of my friends is here to help us and he's saving it from being too awkward and tense.

"Ryan, can you go grab that last box from my trunk?" I ask and toss him my keys. He nods and heads out. I walk into the bedroom and sigh. Jennifer looks over at me and raises her eyebrows, "yes?" "Nothing... just seeing how it was going." I say and lean against the doorframe, my eyes scanning the room. "It's fine." She says dryly and turns her attention back to the box. "Can we stop this now?" I ask and she stops what she's doing but doesn't look up. "You tell me Leah." "Don't... this isn't just about me." "What did I do?!" Jennifer snaps. "Okay, no. We aren't doing this. This isn't us and it never has been. I am not about to argue with you over something stupid." I say and walk over to the bed and sit down.

It's quiet for a moment, but I pat my hand on the bed and she stands up and sits down beside me. "I'm sorry I've been distant for the past few days. I have a lot on my mind." I say and she bites her cheek and looks at me. "I just miss you." She says quietly. I put my arm around her shoulder and pull her to me, "I'm right here." I say and she shakes her head.

"No you're not. Your body is here, but your mind isn't." She says and I can't disagree with her... it's true. "Leah, we haven't had sex in a week." She says and I laugh and shake my head, "what does that mean?!" "It's just- that's not normal for us!" "I know..." I take a breath and lay on my back. She straddles my body and lays on top of me, "I promise it'll get better. Look, we're finally home and I couldn't be happier." I say and stroke her back. "You know I love you?" She asks. I laugh and kiss her head, "I know. I love you too." I say and she kisses me slowly.

About this time I hear Ryan in the doorway. "Damn, that's hot." He mutters. I look at him and laugh. "You're an idiot. Thank you for helping." I say and tap Jen's thigh, telling her to get off. I walk over to Ryan and hug him tightly, "I owe you a drink. Call me next weekend and we can go out." I say. He nods and hugs Jennifer too. Once he's gone Jen and I finish up with the unpacking process and then I start thinking... I'm gonna plan something for tonight. A date... a really nice date for Jennifer and I. She deserves it.