Senior Prom

Jimin was curious about the present he had recieved, so as soon as he had finished eating he excused himself to Yoongi's displeasure. Everyone noticed the older's annoyed expression except for Jimin who was too busy being curious about the present.

As he reached his room he closed the door behind him and put the present on his bed. He then picked up his phone to call Jae since he had asked him to do so while opening the present.

"Jimin? Didn't think you'd be this eager to open it... not that I'm complaining.", Jae spoke into the phone, and Jimin sat down next to the present and laughed slightly.

"I'm pretty curious, hyung. Can I open now?", the younger asked, and tapped the top of the wrapped box with his middle finger.

"Go ahead."

Jimin started tearing the paper apart and then opened the box to reveal what was inside. What he saw however surprised and confused him.

"Hyung... why did you give me this?", he asked, and tilted his head as he took a closer look.

"Remember that time I talked to you in the kitchen? You know when Jungkook spied on us?"

"Yeah..?", Jimin still didn't understand what he meant by it.

Inside of the box laid a pretty white formal wear with a light pink tie. It looked rather expensive, and as he looked at it properly it seemed to be a perfect fit for him. Jae must have asked his mother about his size.

They really talked behind his back a lot.

"I mentioned the senior prom, remember? I wanted to ask you to be my date."

Jimin wasn't sure on what to say. He had heard Namjoon and Seokjin talking about it a lot and had secretly hoped that Yoongi would for some reason ask him to go. The though that Jae would ask him hadn't even occured. So now he wasn't sure on what to say.

"Jimin? Did you faint?"

"Sorry, hyung... Could I think about it for a bit? I never planned on going so I need to think it through if that's alright."

"No, that's perfectly fine, take your time. I'll check with you on Monday at school, okay?"

"Okay, thanks hyung for the clothes.", Jimin politely said before they bid their goodbyes and hung up.

________

"What do you think it is? A love letter?", Taehyung asked the others while wiggling his eyebrows as soon as Jimin had left.

"Maybe it's a ring?", Seokjin said, getting a bit emotional at the thought of one of his sons marrying someone.

Namjoon, Jungkook, and Yoongi were the only suspicious ones. They had noticed something strange about Jae but chosen not to speak up about it. His feelings for Jimin had been obvious from the start, and he seemed to always know where Jimin was. It was definitely odd.

Soon however Jimin returned and everyone turned their heads to look at him. He seemed a bit... troubled? Conflicted?

"So..?"

"So what, Tae-Tae?"

"WHAT DID HE GIVE YOU GOD DAMN IT?!"

"DON'T YELL, CHILD!"

"I'M NOT YELLING, YOU'RE YELLING! YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL MOM!"

Seokjin gasped and covered his mouth with one hand as his eyes widened while looking at Taehyung. He seemed to be honestly hurt and surprised by the comment.

"How... dare you..?"

"Jimin, what did Jae give to you?", Yoongi continued, deciding to ignore the drama queens.

Jimin sat down on his previous spot and started uncomfortably scratch the back of his head. He felt a bit weird.

"Jae hyung gave me clothes."

"Clothes?", Yoongi raised an eyebrow in confusion, wondering what he meant by that.

"Yeah... Clothes for me to wear at the senior prom. He asked me to go."

"OMGOMGOMG MY SON!", Seokjin yelled and got up to run over and hug Jimin, while being maybe a tad bit excited.

"So... you're going with him?", Yoongi asked, his voice sounding surpressed and not at all as happy as Seokjin.

"... I told him that I'd think about it, so... I don't know.", Jimin replied, and bit his lower lip while looking down. He felt somewhat embarrassed talking about these things with Yoongi.

In reality he wanted for Yoongi to ask him to go.

Yoongi suddenly stood up and mumbled something about needing to go somewhere before he left and shut the door leading outside behind him.

Jimin was left in shock and confusion. What was up with him? Sure, maybe actually needed to go somewhere all of a sudden, but that was a pretty long shot. Why would he storm off like that all of a sudden?

"Idiot...", Jungkook mumbled, and recieved a glare from Seokjin.

"Why are you calling him that, Jungkookie?", Jimin asked while Seokjin returned to his seat next to his boyfriend.

Jungkook looked over at him and sighed before shaking his head.

"Nothing, Jimin."