╟ Chapter 118: Heart Stealer ╢

It certainly felt better with a warm coat over your body to shelt it from the bitter cold of the frozen lands. Your group captured and took as an hostage Brownbeard, using him as a way to ride easily through the storm and to avoid marching on the ice or in the thick snow.

Unlike the burning lands, the frozen lands weren't that much quieter. The ground would sometime tremble or explosions would echo from the other side of the mountains.

"That was really loud. Maybe it's Sanji and the others?" said Luffy, glaring at the back of Brownbeard's head. "Oi, Crocotaur! You sure don't know anything about my friends?"

"Shut up! I'm not telling you anything!" responded the centaur with crocodile legs.

"Fine! Then run faster! To the building Brook said he saw! We've gotta hurry to rescue Nami and those guys!"

"How humiliating, he's just a kid..." panted the old man. "and he cruelly stole my underlings' coats! You damn highwaymen!"

"Stop trying to make us look like the bad guys!" grunted Zoro. "You attacked us first! That crocodile-guy doesn't seem to regret his actions at all"

"Anyway, Brook...You've got no skin, so it can't be cold for you, right?" you pointed to the skeleton who was wearing a green coat.

"I do have feelings! I'm so happy that I found you safe and sound, I want to share the feeling of being cold with you!" answered Brook and you deadpanned. "But you can always come closer and share my coat-"

The musician didn't finish that you punched the back of his head, making him faceplant against the tail of Brownbeard.

"I feel sorry for Nami and the others. They didn't change clothes before they were kidnapped" said Robin. "I hope their arms and legs haven't fallen off from frostbite"

"STOP IT, ROBIN! DON'T WORRY IN SUCH A CRUEL WAY!" cried out Usopp with his eyes bulged out.

Around an hour later, a huge building appeared at the horizon. And as you got closer, you noted many ships that were trapped in the ice, either destroyed in half or in pieces. They were battleships from the Marine. Your comrades observed your surroundings in confusion, wondering what could have happened. Brook remarked that they weren't there before. Then, right at the front, a dark figure was walking in the direction of the entrance of the building.

You recognized the man right away, and your expression turned into a sour one, teeth gritted in displeasure. Of all the people, it had to be him. After two years, you weren't ready to deal with that guy again.

"OOOOOH! OI! OI!" quickly waved Luffy, recognizing the man too in the dark cloak. "Imagine meeting you! It's me! Thanks for everything you've done for me!"

Trafalgar Law stopped in his track, and slowly turned his head to face your group with a cold glare. However, his eyes softened a little at the sight of you, to your discontentment. Brownbeard stopped too and Luffy jumped off to run up to the Surgeon of Death. You released a sigh through your nose, and descended too to bring back your stupid captain before he did something idiotic...again.