Chapter Eleven

(Sara’s P.O.V)

“Hey,” Hayden greeted as he opened the front door of his apartment for me “thanks for coming,”

“No problem,” I walked inside to the very lush apartment complex. I have to say that this was beyond amazing. “So… what’s the huge favor?” I turned around to face Hayden again, and noticed that h was wearing an elegantly tailored black suit.

“I know this is too much to ask from you, but my babysitter canceled in the last minute, and I and my parents are going to this fund raiser,” he gave me a weak smile.

“Sure, I would love to babysit Chris,” I took off my coat and laid it on the couch. “Where is he?”

“Thank you so much, you’re a life saver,” he gave me a peek on the cheek and ran upstairs to get Chris. I stood there frozen in place; his lips left a scorching mark on my cheek.

“Sara,” I heard a tiny voice call out from above as I turned around with a smile on my face. Chris came dashing down the stairs in a pair of Spiderman pjay’s. I went down on my knees as he jumped into my open arm, giving me a big hug.

I lifted him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek, I then looked over to where Hayden was standing there observing us.

“Shouldn’t you be going?” I arched a brow at him.

“I guess I should, thanks again for doing this,” he walked over giving Chris a kiss and then headed to the door. “hey Spiderman behave please,” he gave his son a stern look before closing the door behind him.

I put Chris down and gave him a smile “so what do you want to do first?”

                                                                  *************

Two hours later I was completely exhausted, after playing robbers and cops five time and ordering some pizza we sat at the couch to watch “Finding Nemo”. Chris finally passed out in the middle of the show leaving me alone to finish the movie.

After it finished I slowly carried him up to his room and tucked him in. he was so adorable in his sleep, clutching his little teddy bear.  I quietly closed the door and went down stairs, I yawned as I sat in front of the TV.

How long do fund raises last for?

Something on the coffee table caught my eye; it was our school year book. I pulled it from under the magazines and flipped it open to the first page, where our school’s picture was. I turned around a couple of pages until I found my and Belle’s page. I seriously didn’t know what I was thinking when I picked that outfit, but in my defines jean jackets were cool at the time.

Belle looked beautiful in her flower print sundress. I flipped some pages until I found Chris and Hayden’s pictures Chris had his usual easy going smile on and I could see that he signed his photo with “friends always”. I held the tears that threatened to fall and looked at Hayden’s photo. His hair was shorter, and for some reason he had a cut on his forehead; probably from a football game.

I glanced to the corner of the page to see Zoe’s picture, she looked stunning; but what really caught my attention were the words written below it “it’s over H ;)”. So they broke up after graduation and this is how she told him, wow she was a heartless B**ch.

In the distance I heard the front door open and Hayden steeped inside with a haggard expression on his face.

I stood up and met him half way through the kiving room. “you look like hell,” I commented as I watched him taking off his coat.

“I feel like hell, old people can drink,” he grinned at me as he looked around the slightly mess apartment. “Is he asleep?”

“Yeah, I feed him, bathed him and tucked him in at eight thirty. So you own me a hundred bucks,” I held out my hand, and I saw the slightly shocked look on his face. “I’m kidding,”

“Wow, if you were a babysitter I could never afford you,” we stood their smiling at each other. “But seriously I owe you big time, let me take yu out to dinner tomorrow night,”

My heart stopped, was this a date?

“I…I don’t think that’s good idea,” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Why not?” I saw him move an inch closer and my heart beat picked up.

“I have no idea…” I looked into his beautiful eyes and I was lost.

I watched as he leaned closer, I was hypnotized by him. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again so badly, but then my brain snapped back into place and I quickly moved away. I turned around and went to retrieve my coat from the couch, I stood their taking deep calming breathes when I felt him come behind me. He was practically plastered to me, and the problem is I think he knew that I wanted him just as bad.

“You smell good,” he commented as I felt him draw in a deep breath.

“German chocolate cake.”

“What?”

“I smell like chocolate cake body scrub.”

“I haven’t had chocolate cake in a long time.”

I thought his handshake was amazing. This, his soft breath in my hair and his hands on my arms, was earth shattering. “You’re making me hungry,” he said next to my ear.

“For cake?”

His hands slid to my shoulders, then back down to my elbows. “For starters.”

“Daddy?” Chris called out as he came to stand on the stairs.

Hayden looked up. His hands tightened a fraction, and then dropped to his sides. “Hey buddy what are you doing up?” he walked away and headed to his son, lifting him up.

“I had a bad dream,” Chris rubbed his sleepy eyes as he hugged his dad.

“It’s okay, come on let’s get you to bed,” Hayden looked over to where I was standing, I gave him a weak smile as I picked up my things.

“It’s okay; I’ll close the door behind me. Good night,”

“Good night Sara and I’ll see you tomorrow. I’m not taking no for an answer,” he flashed me a devilish smile as he climbed up the steps. I just shook my head in disbelieve over what just happened.

Hayden was hitting on me, Hayden Bell was hitting on me and I was over the moon with that idea.

I guess I’m having dinner with him tomorrow.