Chapter Five

The entire Feng Mansion servants knew of Suchin's blunder but what surprised them was the lack of punishment on the part of Feng Huang and Da Fan. Everyone was praising the Second Wife for her generosity, kind and forgiving nature as anyone else would surely punish the maid.

Sunchin on the other hand was so caught up in so caught up in her heads that she was continually making mistakes on the job.

Suchin, the young maid blushed a pretty shade of pinks she reminisces last night. Though the maid should be happy at the lack of punishment, her head was in the clouds.

"Suchin, Suchin?" An elderly maid called loudly, grabbing the daze girl by the shoulder.

"What's wrong with you, child? Wasn't last night enough warning that you should get your heads out of the clouds?"

"Eh?" Suchin said not quite out of the clouds.

"The old lady shook her head and sigh, handing a parcel to Suchin.

"Run and carry this to the First Madam's courtyard. Try not to tarry. The First Madam isn't as benevolent as the Second Madam."

Suchin grabbed the package and hurried to the First Madam courtyard. On reaching she handed the package to one of Cong Wei Yang's maid.

"Wait," Cong Wei Yang head maid Yu Yan called out to Suchin. "The First Madam would like to see you."

Suchin was lead to the inner hall of Cong Wei Yang's courtyard where she nervously waited, twisting her fingers, for the First Madam.

As the First Madam entered Suchin was mesmerized by the beauty of Cong Wei Yang. She was dressed luxurious as if she was greeting the Emperor himself. Clearly Cong Wei Yang was showing off to the maid showing their status differences.

"What's your name?" she asked the maid.

"Suchin, First Madam." She replied looking down at the floor.

Going directly into it Cong Wei Yang asked, "Suchin, did you work at Second Madam last night?"

Suchin nodded her head. "Yes Madam."

"Did Husband visit Second Madam last night?"

Suchin hesitated to answer, it wasn't until Yu Yan, Cong Wei Yang's maid came to her and held a pair of earring next to her ear.

Picture of the earring

Doesn't she look lovely Madam? She would make a fine concubine to a rich young master."

A smiled bloomed on Suchin's face, all Suchin's mind heard was concubine to Master.

"Yes, Master was at Second Madam's courtyard last night."

"And what did they do?" Cong Wei Yang asked the young maid.

Suchin blushed remembering Feng Huang's face and body. Cong Wei Yang on the other hand took it as a sign of intimacy between Second Madam and Feng Huang.

The rage and darkness grew in Cong Wei Yan's heart. In her hand a small vial filled with dark red liquid to Yu Yan who handed it Suchin.

"Pour this in Second Madam tea tomorrow afternoon, a note will be sent to you with further instructions?"

Suchin hesitated to take the bottle.

"Take it now!" Cong Wei Yang screamed at the maid. "Or the one drinking this will be you. By tomorrow you will fully feel what it means to be a whore if you don't."

The foolish girl ran out the courtyard with the bottle in hand. Cong Wei Yang never knew that the girl was smart enough to guess what was in the bottle after her raged filled scream. Her mind quickly diverging from the original plan.

Yu Yan looks at her Mistress then to the fleeing back of Suchin. She didn't speak of her findings to Cong Wei Yang but knows that the girl has fallen for Feng Huang. What kind of relationship could this little girl have to have romantic thoughts about her Master.

Suchin is truly a foolish child. They're are many outstanding males in the Feng courtyard. Feng Huang hasn't been gentle to Suchin for the little girl to have such thoughts.

Yu Yan decidedly to ask her mIstress a question, "Madam, is it wise to entrust such a task to the maid?"

Cong Wei Yang truly had never had Yu Yan questioned her. "Are you questioning me?"

Yu Yan dropped to her knees immediately. "Madam, this servant made a mistake. This servant is sorry for questioning you."

Yu Yan saw Cong Wei Yang gave her a harsh glance and marched into her room throwing out the words. "Make sure that you don't"