Chapter 13: Hot Seat

(A/N: Hey, guys! I would like to dedicate this chapter to Lolabunny36. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.)

Loki just sat on his egg chair as he read a book to drown his jealousy. To drown the fact, that Tony asked her out while he just stayed there. Full of pride, such a jerk to even admit that he likes you.

What are those Avengers talking about? Heart stolen? In love? By whom? With whom? Y/N, perhaps. Impossible! I am only territorial since her welfare befall in my task to babysit her. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Loki" Steve said snatching Loki's attention away from his book. He wasn't really reading it. He remembered him being so nice to you since you and Loki got off the wrong foot last time.

"What is it? You avengers always finds a way to waste my time." Loki replied and stood up.

"We need you at the conference room. NOW." Steve emphasized that but Loki's cold demeanor never faltered. He just stood and did what he was told. That's a first since he's too broken-hearted to even deal with his pride nor to admit that he is.

"And you didn't even notice that Loki's crushing on Y/N?" Clint asked to Nat. They were at the door, leaning against it while Clint mocked Natasha for not picking that up under her radar.

"Shut your mouth, Clint, or so HELP me... I will skin you alive." Nat threatened.

As soon as Loki set foot at the conference room. Nat left Clint as she pinned Loki to the nearest wall.

"Listen to me carefully, Loki." Nat growled. Ooh... I am in trouble, in her own words. I might as well amuse myself as to how I pissed her off. "If I find out for myself that you're doing your tricks on Y/N. I will make sure to refresh your definition of torture."

"You know I don't threaten." Loki answered dully. "And might I add. Why would I hurt Y/N? Her welfare is what all you oafs entrusted me to take care of."

"Son, shut up." Steve commented as he pulled Nat away. "We were just worried about Y/N. Thor said you're starting to like her and knowing you, what tricks are you going to pull?"

"I do not grow such feelings to a mortal yet it is not in my intention to hurt her. To realize that I have already said this. I do not find any slight reason for your questioning?" Loki answered rather coldly. "Or is it that you are quick to fantasize? How childish must you grown midgardian be?"

"Yeah. He's lying. I don't care about the insults though but he's lying." Clint said as he eyed Loki. "He's jealous. He likes Y/N."

Clint put more specification on the like since Loki wouldn't prefer 'love'.

"Is this true?" Steve asks. Nat's still at the corner. She wasn't planning to listen because she's gathering every piece of memory on how Loki would look at her friend.

She even remembered the first time she went on a shopping spree with Y/N. She was the one who teased them both as lovebirds. Realizing that. She mentally slapped herself.

"It is Captain." Wanda replied. She was altogether happy for you since she thought you two would make a great couple.

"Stay out of my mind, Witch!" Loki yelled guiltily. Wanda didn't mind this since she wasn't finish what she was saying. She would agree that Y/N is somewhat naïve because of what she is about to say.

"And I can also tell that Y/N also like him..." Loki didn't know but when Wanda said it, it felt like he became more possessive of you. He wanted to crash your date and take you, himself, away from Tony and probably kiss you in front of him. Probably. He wouldn't do anything to downgrade his notorious reputation.

"In fact, Y/N likes all of you." That did it. Loki's daydreaming broke like glass. He could've misheard. He didn't want to believe it and Wanda felt pity for him though he didn't show. "I think, maybe I am wrong. I don't fully control my powers yet but she likes Steve because of his sweet, gentleman manner. Tony because, well, he's Tony. Thor because he makes her laugh. Clint for the same reason also because Clint amuses her with his weirdness."

"Who she calling weird?" Clint said with an insulted tone.

"I don't know. Maybe the guy who spend most of his time creepily listening to conversation at the vent." Nat snarked.

"But it's fun!" Clint whined.

"I have arrived." Vision said as he phased through the wall much to everyones' surprise. "Might I ask where is Loki?"

------ Time Skip -----

"Ready to be a Stark?" Tony asked as he let out his hand to Y/N who still can't believed he agreed to it.

"How did I let you do this?" She asks while taking his hand. They are both getting in on Tony's Audi R8.

"Told you I can be pretty irresistible." He proudly say flashing you his billionaire smirk.

(A/N: And to @flapstaartje I am sorry for not keeping my promise. The next chapter will be dedicated to you.)