Anger

It had been two weeks. Two weeks of rigorous training, and it didn't help that Aurora barely slept. Maya had cried once or twice after that night, then it stopped. Jackson still pushed for the drugs annoying both Michael and Aurora to no end.

Eric's kindness had only been that one time. He was awful to Aurora now. Constantly screaming at her, berating her. Aurora couldn't take it for much longer.

Her grandfather once told her that she had the temper of his grandfather, especially when she was younger. In fact, he told her a lot of things about his grandfather, most of them relating to her. Visiting day was soon, if anyone was going to come It'd be him.

Aurora was a few spots from the bottom now, she excelled in everything else, but she wouldn't fight.

Eric had paired her with Jackson, and no matter how badly she wanted to punch him back, she didn't. She dodged his attacks, dancing around the ring as Jackson tried to throw a punch her way. Eric approached their mat, looking very angry.

"Hit him, Aurora!" Eric yelled, making her jump.

This distracted her, giving Jackson the perfect chance to punch her square in the lip. A pain shot through her, and she could feel the skin of her bottom lip split. Her cheeks became red as Jackson hit her again, and again.

She was kneeling down now, but still, she didn't hit back. Eric waved an arm, calling Jackson off. "What the hell was that?"

She stood back up, Eric right in her face. Aurora shrugged, wiping the blood off of her chin.

"Come on softie, you're killing me!" Eric was now shouting at the Amity born initiate.

"It the wimps like you that end up factionless! All you Amity's are the same. You're weak! You'll never make it in Dauntless, so you might as well just quit now!" He spat.

That was it. Aurora had enough. She swung her arm forward towards Eric's face, her fist colliding with his nose. There was a small popping sound, then her fist was wet. Wet with blood, and it wasn't hers.

Eric's nose was dripping blood, he looked down, touching his fingers to his nose. He pulled them back to reveal his red stained fingertips. He looked back up at Aurora, she was expecting to be exiled right on the spot, but he was smiling. He chuckled even.

 "Use that on your opponent next time, not your trainer

"Use that on your opponent next time, not your trainer." Suddenly his face shifted back to it's normal scowl. "You're moving down a spot for that."

As Eric walked away, Jackson's eyes were wide. "I believe you now."

Aurora chuckled, she turned and saw Michael smiling, astonished at what just happened. Maya was behind a punching bag, watching Eric leave to get cleaned up. She looked angry, but Aurora didn't want to say anything.

Four stepped up behind Aurora, slapping a hand on top of her shoulder. "Good job, kid."

____

The next day when Aurora walked into the training room, something was different. All eyes were on her as she rolled out her yoga mat. She glanced at the board, and was extremely surprised. Number one: Aurora.

The door slammed open, it was Maya, and boy did she look different. She looked hot. Her baggy, black clothes were replaced with skin tight, revealing clothes. Her makeup was done and her hair was curled.

Aurora's jaw dropped, the guys would be on her for sure

Aurora's jaw dropped, the guys would be on her for sure. "What's up with Maya?"

"I guess she wanted to look tough, since she's not exactly the toughest here." Michael stated rolling his eyes.

"Well she's sure going to get some attention." Aurora could see all the male initiates staring at Maya.

Michael turned away and shook his head, moving to sit by Aurora. "Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not." Aurora smiled and began to stretch.

Michael started doing yoga with her, she noticed Jackson was staring at the two of them. "You can join us if you'd like."

Jackson snapped out of it, shaking his head. "No thanks."

After Jackson looked away Michael looked towards Aurora. "He was staring at your butt. I'll bet on it." Michael chuckled.

Aurora shook her head, "Nah, I highly doubt it."

Aurora had seen the way Jackson had been looking a Michael. She just didn't know if Michael had seen it yet. Either way, Jackson wasn't her type.

She didn't know who was her type. She had never dated anyone in Amity, and barely anyone in Dauntless had talked to her. She continued to think about this as she went through various poses, Michael trying to copy her as best as he could. When they got to the Tree Michael fell over.

Aurora was brought out of her thoughts with the loud thud of Michael hitting the ground. She turned and began to laugh at him before helping him into his feet. "Ha ha, very funny." Michael grouched, but then broke into a smile himself.

The two began to laugh together. In the corner of the room stood Eric, watching the two with a jealous scowl on his face. Michael was becoming competition, and Eric didn't like to lose.

 Michael was becoming competition, and Eric didn't like to lose