28

12:00pm (the next day) and I wake up from my pathetic nap on the hospital couch to the sound of little baby grunts and cries. I look over and Jennifer's holding and feeding Matteo. I get up and walk over to her and kiss her forehead. "I love you." I whisper. She smiles and looks up at me and kisses my lips, "he is so perfect." She says. I smile and touch his little head and then I hear Aaron's voice from the doorway. "I brought you two some lunch." He says and holds up a bag. I smile and walk over and take the bag from him, "you're my savior." I joke. Jennifer smiles and thanks him. "Wanna hold him while I eat?" She asks. Aaron nods and takes his son and Jennifer and I sit together on the bed and eat.

"Leah, I mean this in the nicest way possible... you look like hell." Aaron says.

He's totally right. I'm still wearing what I had on the night before... my hair is in a bun and my face is totally bare. "I know. Ugh." I say and roll my eyes. "Baby, go home and shower and stuff. I know you have things to do..." Jennifer says. "You sure? Aaron, will you stay?" I ask. He nods his head yes. "Okay, I'll go after I eat and then I'll be back in a couple of hours. You want me to bring anything?" I ask Jennifer. She shakes her head no and I eat quickly, anxious to get home and shower.

Once I'm home and cleaned up, I sit down at my desk and catch up on some quick emails for work. Everyone knows what I have going on in my personal life, so they're managing the office without me for a few weeks. The nurses said we can come home in a day or two, so Jennifer's super excited about having Matteo here... she hasn't shut up about it. Her mom and dad were both super happy about him and my parents are happy for me... they're supportive of Jennifer and I, even though it took a minute to get them that way. It's funny how things just all worked themselves out the way they did...

* * *

3 weeks later

I walk into the condo at 4:30pm and I smell food. I smile at Jennifer when I see her standing there cooking dinner in her leggings and t-shirt. "Hi gorgeous." I say and kiss her lips. "Hi mama. I'm making tacos!" She says, super excited. I nod my head and grab the video monitor from the counter and look at Matteo through the little screen. "How long has he been sleeping?" "Twenty minutes?" She shrugs. I nod my head and head to the bedroom to get changed out of these work clothes and into something comfortable.

Jennifer and I are gonna have a peaceful, uninterrupted dinner for the first time in weeks. This is going to be nice.

Once we are at the table, Jennifer informs me of some things. "Aaron is coming by tomorrow morning." She says. "Good, tell him I said hello." "I will. I talked to him today on FaceTime with Matteo and I swear they look just alike." Jennifer says, shaking her head. I laugh and nod, "it's definitely his baby." I joke. She shakes her head and we continue eating. After we're done Jen starts cleaning up, so I help. As she puts dishes away I walk over to her and spin her around so that she's facing me. I kiss her lips slowly and she kisses me back and puts her arms around my neck, "wanna have sex?" I giggle. She sighs and kisses me again, "Leah..." She groans. "Baby... it's been over three weeks. I can't handle this anymore." I say and reach my hand around to grab her ass. She bites her cheek and looks at me. "I- Not tonight mama." She says. "You've said that for the past week. Tell me why." I say and she looks down and grins shyly.

"I just... I don't know." "Oh please don't tell me you aren't attracted to women anymore..." I joke. She laughs and shakes her head, "Le, I just had a fucking baby. I'm exhausted and- look at me! I'm not all fit and toned like I was!" She says. I just look at her like she is crazy. "I'm sorry, but have you looked at yourself in the mirror? You look amazing for someone who just gave birth, Jennifer. You're sexy and beautiful and perfect and everything in between." I assure her and she pulls her hands off on my shoulders and lays them against my stomach. "You mean that?" She asks softly and starts to kiss me. I smile and kiss her back deeply. Things get intense... like the most intense they've been in weeks. I'm getting excited about this and then.... Matteo. Dammit.

Jennifer starts smiling and laughing the second she hears him crying. "Mm, our son has other ideas." She says and starts walking towards him in the bedroom. It takes a moment for me to catch it, but she just said our. She hasn't said that before... at all. I'm not complaining because I do feel that way, I do feel like he's "mine." I'm like a second mom to him I guess.

I walk with Jennifer to the bedroom and sit down on the bed across from her. "Jen?" "Hm?" She asks, not looking up from the baby. "What do you consider me to Matteo?" I ask and she looks up and pauses, "what do you want me to say?" She asks. I shrug, "I was just curious. You just said 'our' son. So... I didn't know." "I mean, isn't he? You're gonna be my wife in a few months and we all live together. He's gonna grow up with us... and his dad." She says. "Two mom's and a dad?! Lucky kid." I tease and she laughs and bites her lip.

"I'm sorry we got cut off..." she says. I roll my eyes and sigh, "it's fine. I'll just do it myself." I joke and she shakes her head. "I promise you... as soon as we get a minute to ourselves... I'm going to make you the happiest woman in the world." She assures me. "Tell me how." I tease and bite my lip, opening my legs a little. She looks at my legs and then up at me, "I love you, but I can't take this seriously while I'm holding him." She laughs. I smile and get off of the bed, "I love you... both. I'm gonna go wash my face and stuff." I say.

I'm really happy with my life right now. It's so good. I never expected that this would be what made me happy, but it is.