Chapter 7

My alarm woke me up from my very comfortable sleep, groaning I sat up and rubbed my eyes, I haven't slept so much for the past month.

Damn me for waking up early on weekends.

I jumped into the shower and changed into one of the four outfits that I had packed for the trip.

I heard the shower running in Mr. Reid's room, I'm sure he's as hungry as I am since we both didn't eat anything last night.

I walked to the kitchen, wanting to make breakfast for the both of us, I didn't have my hopes high that there would be any food in the fridge, but to my surprise there was, and a lot of it too.

I started taking out ingredients for the generic eggs and bacon with the side of french toast.

There were about fifty appliances and I think I fell in love at first sight with the smoothie maker.

Deciding instead of tea and coffee, to make a healthy smoothie I took out blueberries and strawberries, vanilla yogurt, orange juice, and a banana.

It's a wonder how he owns all these ingredients when he lives in New York.

Rich people. I scoffed.

Five minutes later, Mr. Reid came out dressed sharply in a suit looking handsome as ever.

"Why are you cooking?"
"Because we're supposed to have breakfast in the morning"
I said in a duh tone.

"Coffee would've been fine"
"Coffee is not breakfast, plus we're having smoothies, healthy and nutritious"

He ran his hand through his hair and groaned.
"I can't start my day without a cup of coffee"
"Well, you're just going to have to drink this"
I said as I gave him the cold glass of berry smoothie.

He took a seat on the table and started picking at his breakfast delicately like it's burnt.

"Are you a kid? Just taste it, God, it won't kill you"
He took a bite out of the egg and toast, I anxiously watched him chew and swallow.

I looked at him hoping he'd have an approving look on his face but no, it was the usual emotionless one.

I rolled my eyes and took a seat, we ate in silence, until Mr. Reid broke the silence.

"It's good"
"What?"
"The food, it tastes good, thank you for the meal"

I tried to hide the smile that was etching up my face and said
"You're welcome, by the way, what are we supposed to do now we're in Chicago?"

"We're going to pay Jarred a visit and if he denies the fact he cheated me, we'll be going to court very soon" I nodded my head in understanding.

After we were done eating I picked up our plates, I was about to do the dishes but Mr. Reid said a housekeeper is coming in later and that if we don't leave now, we'll be late.

For the first time, Mr. Reid was the one driving and I sat in the passenger seat of his BMW Sedan.

We stopped in front of a building that I soon came to recognize as
Royce Andrews Holdings.

We entered the building, the receptionist quickly stood up noticing who came barging in the lobby and striding towards the elevator.

People were looking at us with a mixture of fear and surprise, they started whispering loudly amongst themselves and I heard a few of the people's comments on our way to the elevator.