My Wife

The guard quickly kowtows three times before quickly leaving to get his punishment. Had he known the beautiful woman was his future Lady, he would have never turned her away. But being how he didn't send the sandalwood badge first to see what he should do with them, he made the decision to turn her away and now he had to face the consequences.

"Your Wife?" Naoko said mockingly. "Since when did you get married? Or did you secretly get married and didn't tell us? What a scandal to a perfect person!"

"I am still courting her." Ju Long said as he took the package that smelled like food. "She will be mine soon, seeing how she dropped these off for me. If that block head of a guard would have told me she was here, I would have introduced her to you Grandfather! She is a woman to behold! A woman worthy of me! You would have like her and her maid. They are fire and wood that burns brightly together!"

"What is that delicious smell?" Hideo asked as he sniffs the air.

"That is my Wife's cooking! She's the best chef I've ever met! From the moment I tasted her food, I knew then, that she was the woman for me! After eating her food, I can no longer stand the food that others make. I told her so yesterday and today she sends food for me to eat!" Ju Long said as he tells his Grandfather, not caring if his father or brother hears him. "Isn't my wife so thoughtful!?"

"Is she as beautiful as her food is delicious?" Hideo ask as his stomach starts to growl.

"She's even more beautiful, Grandfather! And a talented martial artist too!"

"Haha! She sound formidable! She sounds perfect for you!" Hideo said as he laughs happily for his grandson. "With my tiger of a grandson to have a tiger of a wife, you will make me tiger great grandchildren! Hahaha! Grandpa wants to meet your wife!"

"Em! I'll take you tonight!" Ju Long said as he pulls his grandfather up so they could go eat in the courtyard and enjoy the sun. "Lets eat what my wife made and you'll finally understand what I'm talking about and see how talented she is!"

Ken and Naoko stand in place and in silence as rage runs over them. They were ignored and uninvited to eat the delicious food that they were smelling. How dare that brat disrespect him!

"Lets go." Ken said as he whips around to leave.

"I bet the woman Ju Long likes is ugly, that's why she cooks so well." Naoko said as he scoffed at the back of Ju Long and Hideo.

"Come, your mother has probably already prepared lunch for us, let us not make her wait any longer." Ken said as the two of them leave.

Inside of the open courtyard, beside the willow tree, is a bench and two stone seats that has cushions on them. Ju Long quickly opens the silk scarf and opens the bento box to see the food placed beautifully.

"The food is so fragrant with spices and qi." Hideo said excitedly as he closed his eyes to smell the food once more. "My granddaughter-in-law is very talented. Tell Grandpa, where did you meet my new granddaughter-in-law?"

Ju Long ignores him and hands over the rice ball and they bite into it. They both moan out loud as they Heavenly rice breaks open and inside is the panther energy that fills their mouth with fresh qi. As they swallow, the qi enters them and revitalize them immediately. Their tired body wakes up as they keep eating the rice balls.

Ju Long eats the vegetables one by one, savoring the food, but his grandfather takes a large chunk of the stir-fry vegetables after tasting one.

Seeing how greedy his grandfather was at eating his lunch, Ju Long starts scooping up the stir-fry vegetable and stuffing them in his mouth. With three chews, he swallows then starts to eat the Cat Glass Fish.

Hideo and Ju Long's chopsticks fights for every piece of food on the three layers of bento. With their quick eating, the food is easily finished within minutes. Ju Long then remembers that Sya packed wine as well. When Thorvald gives him a jug of wine, Ju Long pours his grandfather a cup of wine and gives it to him. Hideo smiles as he first smells the wine. His lips breaks into a smile as he slowly sips on it to enjoy it, but his hand freezes as he sees Ju Long drinking the wine directly from the jug.

Ju Long lifts up the jug as he tilts his head back, the moment it empties, he places the jug on the table and wipes his mouth with the back of his sleeve in an ungentlemanly manner.

"You greedy grandson!" Hideo shouted. "Only giving Grandpa one cup of wine! Do you not have any filial piety!"

"I gave you one cup! That should be enough!" Ju Long said as he burped loudly. "Tonight, I'll buy you more wine. Don't pout. It makes your wrinkles on your face come out."

Ju Long stood up and dodge as Hideo throws the wine cup at him then his shoe. Ju Long dodges again and turns around to hug the wine jug that had yet to be opened.

"I was going to give you another cup of wine, but seeing how you threw your cup at me, I'm guessing you don't want another drink. And seeing how you threw your shoe at me, it must mean that you are tired and want to sit here for the rest of the day. Grandson bids you good afternoon and will pick you up later for dinner so you can meet my Wife!"

"You scoundrel! You purposely did this didn't you!" Hideo said as he stood up. But Ju Long and his three guards have already flew way. "You unfilial child! I shall flirt with your Wife and make you regret for making me mad!"