Chapter 9 - Edited Once

Julian 

(Edited Once)

As much as I love to stay with my beautiful mate, I had to deal with my fucking useless cousin, Joey. He was 24 years old, and he was the original Beta of my pack. He started acting like a total douchebag when his needs and interests took over, and eventually stopped caring for his own pack. Then he met his selfish evil mate, and things started deteriorating with us. She was his final whisper to turn against us and aim for the Alpha's title.

I, of course, did not let that happen. With time, a war was waged against us. A war against his mate's rotten pack, The Silver pack, and my powerful pack, The Graymod pack. We won the war after I gave him the big scar that Stella saw on his neck. All that happened last year and now he was back for revenge.

If he knew Stella was my mate, then I had to take him down. And I was pretty sure he already knew as he probably had someone watching my pack. I would do whatever I could to protect her innocent soul and tiny body.

I did not realize that I was so engrossed with my own thoughts until I saw my parents' house. I pulled over, got out of the Jeep, and headed to the front door. It was five-thirty in the morning, but I was sure my parents were awake because they love to run at four for an hour every day, so they should be here by now.

I knocked on the door and waited until my mom opened it and greeted me with her soft, heartwarming smile. "Good morning JoJo, what brings you here this early in the morning?" my mom asked, confused.

I frowned at her nickname, she always calls me JoJo whenever she's happy, which was most of the time, but now was not the time to complain about it. My mate is way more important than my dislike for a nickname.

"Good morning mom, is dad here?" I asked after I gave her a tight bear hug.

I love my mom.

How can I not when she's the one who brought me to this world and gave me the chance to meet my mate?

"Yes, dear, he's eating his breakfast," she replied, and we entered. I walked through the house until I reached the kitchen. The smell of my mom's famous waffles filled my nostrils. I got hungry all of a sudden. I saw my dad sitting on his usual seat, eating those mouthwatering waffles.

"Good morning Dad," I greeted, he looked up and smiled at me.

"Good morning Julian, want some?" he offered, and I could not say no to this heavenly flavor.

No one could.

"You don't have to tell me twice," I sat beside him and started chewing. Mom sat across from us.

"So, what brings you here this early in the morning? Is it to eat those waffles?" he asked humorously, and I laughed.

I shook my head. "No, I came here for a serious matter. I'll tell you when we finish eating."

~~~

"Mom, Dad... I found my mate yesterday, or she found me." I dropped the news and waited for their reaction. Mom had the brightest smile ever and Dad was content. he had a smile on his sweating face. I guess he hasn't gotten the chance to take a shower since I came, unannounced.

She stood up. "That's great JoJo, what's her name? Describe her for me!" Mom got excited. Too excited. 

'Calm down, woman!' Peter commented.

I smiled, remembering her every feature and detail. "Well, her name is Stella, and for as much as I know, she's human. She has dark black wavy beautiful hair, and grey eyes that can pull you into her own world, and you can get lost there for hours. Her skin is flawless, and it's so smooth. She is small, which is perfect for me. I feel like she needs my protection and her voice is so sweet whenever she speaks. Her voice is an angelic melody." I explained, sighing with satisfaction and happiness.

My parents looked genuinely happy and interested in her. "Well, son, she sounds kind, and I wish you all the best with telling her that you are a werewolf." Dad patted my shoulder.

He can be very mean without him noticing.

"Yes, finally. I can now rest in peace, knowing that my dear and only son has found his mate. I want to meet her," Mom exclaimed, and I nodded without a second thought.

"Well, that's what I was hoping for you to ask because I need you to stay with her for the day. I need to talk to Dad about Joey." As I said his name, they turned from happy to serious and angry.

Mom nodded, and Dad nudged me to follow him to his office. "Don't worry, Julian, I'll stay with her. Can we go shopping?" Mom asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, actually... she needs new clothes because... I didn't basically meet her like a normal person in normal circumstances," I said, averting any eye contact.

What should I say? My mate was abused?

'Yes.' Peter thought it was easy to just blurt out these facts.

'You shut up,' I replied, then blocked him without giving him the chance to protest.

"What do you mean?" Dad asked, and I decided to tell them everything really quickly. It felt wrong to tell her story, but they had to understand her mentality. 

My dad got furious, and my mom looked like she wanted to break something, maybe Stella's brother's bones and spine. "That creepy, abusive jerk! He will not lay a hand on her. If I ever see him, oh, he's so gonna get it. Bye for now," Mom reassured me, then headed to her car and took off at full speed.

She was a car racer. She's still a car racer.

She just races when she feels bored. In addition to that, she's a strong warrior. This means she can fight five strong men at the same time. I can count on her for my mate's safety.

"Now, Julian. Shall we get your Beta, Cody, and the pack's warriors?" he asked, and I nodded in a firm manner.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hola♛

I hope you liked this chapter XD

Please vote and comment ♡