Chapter Thirty-Eight: Commit {Final Chapter} ✓

Ria's POV

I'm hungry

That's the first thought in my head as I woke up. My eyelids felt too heavy to actually open.

I try to get up so I can grab some food downstairs but I couldn't move.

I felt strong arms holding me close and a warm chest behind me. I pout as I turned around, still clasped in his arms. I admired his features. His chiseled jaw, his plump red lips and his blue eyes. Wait . . .

Eyes?

Wouldn't that mean he's awake?

His lips turned up to a smirk. And mine? They turned into a nervous smile.

"I know a lot of people say this but- Taking a picture could make it last long," he says with a wink.

"What happened last night?" I ask.

"You were sleepy so I brought you to your room and stayed with you." He tells me as he held me closer to him.

"Why did you stay with me?" I eyed him curiously. Unable to battle the huge urge, I snuggled closer to him. 

"Can't I cuddle with my girl?" he says in a low and husky voice, it was as if I could hear the smirk in his smile. 

"When did I say you couldn't?" I answer back.

"Good point." 

I look up at him and saw a smile, a truthful smile. Not a painful, fake or forced one. It's genuine smile. The kind that speaks "I love you". How was it love in such a period of time? I don't know either, what I do know is that "LOVE needs no reason for it to be true". If there's a reason to love, then there's going to be a reason to lose that passion for one another, because REASONS can either MAKE a relationship or BREAK it-- if it wasn't broken and distorted in the first place. 

"I love you," I smile at him before leaning in closer.

"You guys better not be making out in there," my brother groans from the other side of the door. 

"Don't worry, we're not." Brian calls back, chuckling. He then stops and smirks. "Yet."

"Gross," Randy shouts, followed by footsteps walking away.

"He says that as if he isn't sucking faces with Tessa," I mumble, annoyed. Obviously.

"I know, now can we continue?" he lifts my chin up, making me stare into his deep blue pools. 

"BREAKFAST!" We hear three distinctive voices shout in sync. 

Brian and I groaned together  and laughed as we stood up and made the bed then went out. 

=-=-=

7 years later...

7 years with Brian? How old are we now? I'm 23 and Brian's 24. We graduated school 2 years ago and we're still going strong. 

Randy and Tessa are going to get married today too. He proposed a few months back during New Year's Eve.

Julian and Ivy broke it off right after graduation and he's now with Clare, she honestly changed and is more mature. Cole is with Uncle Matt's daughter, Autumn. Apparently, she studied in Italy. Lance is with a girl named Kira, we all don't know her but he keeps saying she's amazing. 

I smile widely at the large door as the church bells rung. The door opened and out came the bride, Tessa was so beautiful. I looked at my brother and saw him at the brink of tears. OH- wait, he's crying. THIS is how you find out that the man really loves you. 

"That'll be you soon enough," Lance whispers beside me. 

"He hasn't even asked the question yet," I pout. 

"How would you know? He may just be scared," he shrugs. 

"Scared of what? I love him and he knows that."

"Patience is a virtue," he simply states. 

"What does-"

"Shh, it's starting," he cuts me off. 

I turned my attention back to the couple in the altar. 

I wish this would be me someday, wouldn't that be most girls' dream? The man you love confessing to you in front of everyone and God, sealing your faiths together. Who wouldn't want to  have someone with them in life, saying that being alone is better. Asking for help is never a sign of weakness, it's actual proof that you're strong enough to admit that you lack ability in that place. You're not afraid to drop your pride. 

People think they're defending their dignity, but there's a big difference between dignity and Pride, most people mistake the feelings. 

=-=-=

*clink clink clink*

We all tap our glasses to encourage the newly-weds to kiss again and as they did Brian turned my head to him and kissed me passionately. After we pull away, he places his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer. 

"It's now time to throw the bouquet," the MC announces. 

"I got to go to the washroom, I'll be right back," he whispers, I nod.

I didn't bother standing up because I can just wait for it. I laugh to myself.

"Come on, Ria. Stand up!" Tessa pulls me. She had this huge grin on her face, which would be normal since it's her wedding but why does she look excited for me instead? Since I couldn't really say no to the bride, I stood up. She pulled me to the center-front and left me there in the middle of the other girls. She faced away from us and was about to throw the bouquet but--

She turns back around and gives it directly to me and turned me around to face Brian. He was on one knee and held out a velvet box. 

"Ria, sweetheart." He starts. "I love you so much and I don't really know what else to say to you cause I'd honestly just beg for you to marry me. So will you, Ria Ford-Scott make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" he asks with a nervous smile and opened the box.

As the tears flowed down my cheeks, I nod and gasped out a 'Yes'. He stood up and pumps his fist in the air and yelled "She said YES!"

He placed the ring on my finger, kissed it and hugged me. We could hear the cheers of the people around us. 

"Princess, please don't cry," he cooed and kissed my forehead. 

"I can't help it, I'm so happy," I sobbed. 

"So am I. I love you so much," he last said before drowning me in a passionate kiss. 

You see, everyone has a happy ending. It's not the end unless you're happy, right? And I'm happy and In love. So is this the end? 

No, It's another beginning- Like always. Want to know why? 

Because life is full of challenges. It could be a roller-coaster, full of twist, turns, ups and downs. Or a river, sometimes you really need help through rapid waters, you can't always be alone. An ocean's depths are deep- so are the lesson life. Living every single day is already an adventure, and waking up in the morning? Don't curse it, it's a blessing because we are given another 24 hours to explore, to be happy, to love, to meet new people, to be who you are-- to simply live LIFE. 

People even say that my life is interesting because I hang out with boys or in their words "Because she's different". I like to be different because I don't want society to limit and label my capacity to do what I want. 

This is ME. 

I am Ria Ford-Scott- soon to be Scott-Waters ;), and this is my story. What's yours?

[End of Book]

Thank you guys so much! Love Y'all!

Bai~!