Chap 45

~Aiden~

My heart was beating so hard it was painful. My grip on Liam's hand tightened but of course being who he was it did faze him a bit. Holding my breath I watched as Liam pushed open the door. Forget holding my breath, it caught in my lungs as a sea of faces came into view. Oh my god, I'm going to die! Liam had to practically dragged me up to a podium in front of the huge crowd.

Can a person die from sweating too much? Because I think I'm heading in that direction right now.

I forced my head down and followed Liam reluctantly, peeking up at him under my lashes a few time and saw a blank face and expressionless eyes. He was pulling this off better than me, that's for sure.

We headed up the stairs of the stage where his parents were at smiling at us. That made me feel a little better. Taking his place in front of the podium Liam pulled me close by his side. I had a sinking feeling as I looked out to see exactly how many faces were here.

'I'm going to throw up.' I thought but Liam's hand tightened in mine as his gaze was staring out into the crowd.

"I've called this meeting to discuss something very important to you all." His voice rang strong and loud. I watched as everyone gave him their undivided attention. It was amazing to see a whole groups of people of all ages staring up at my boyfriend as if he were king or in this case prince. I wanted to giggle but I was too scared to do that. It's one thing to have humans hate your gut because of what you are but a whole different thing having supernatural beings hate you. They can kill me without breaking a sweat.

'Ugh! What have I gotten myself into?' I scolded myself.

"First I want to start off by saying that I will be taking over my father's position in the next month." There was an eruption of cheers and claps. After a while Liam rose his hand to silence them.

Instant silence.

"As you all know to get this position you have to have a mate." He paused. I got a bit bold and looked back out to see a lot of people looking over at me with either knowing or confused expressions. While the others, more of the younger crowd were staring at Liam waiting for him to finish. I guess the group that had eyes on me knew just like Liam told me they would. My face was beginning to turn red from the embarrassment.

How would you like it if a whole room of people could smell that you had sex?

"And I have found mine and nothing in this world would make me change what the Spirits have gifted me with." He turned to face me and I looked up to his 6'2 frame as he gazed down at me with those beautiful soft hazel eyes. I bit my lip as I stared at him, my heart thumping loudly I'm sure everyone in this room heard.

"Aiden Carlisle has been chosen as my life mate, my other half and I am honored to be his." Liam told his pack but I knew he was mainly talking to me. There was a sudden knot in my throat but I held it in. He was really ready to face the wrath of this worlds ignorant assholes for a life with me.

There was a collective gasp.

I closed my eyes and awaited the oncoming slaughter that was to befall us. Liam lifted my chin up with his forefinger and thumb. I opened my eyes to see him smile encouragingly at me.

"We can do this." He whispered to me. I nodded as my heart became a bit lighter. He turned back to the room and none to surprising it was filled with loud murmuring as they talked over each other.

"I know this is a shock-" Liam tried to talk but it was to chaotic. I looked up at him worried. "If we can act civi-" his word were on deaf ears. I could feel him getting frustrated and I squeezed his arm in support. The uproar was becoming louder, ringing off the walls in the room.