Hogwarts AU

{A/N: Just an AU I was working on but scraped the plan. I actually like this one.}

On a certain night in July, Lena Luthor, the soon to be eleven girl, having just finished her dinner, layed in her bed waiting for sleep to come to her. It had been just her usual day. Her adoptive father, Lionel, a forty-something CEO of Luthor Corp, spending most of his day in his luxurious office and then coming back home just to get drunk and snarl abusive comments to his wife or his daughter. Her adoptive mother Lillian, a plain looking cold woman,
on the other hand was nothing better than him. She used to expect Lena to be perfect in everything, to get straight A's, to making friends with 'normal' or rich people or making sure she never felt even a tiny dose of happiness.

The only positive influence on her life was her adoptive brother Lex. He used to play chess with her, defend her side when his mother argued with his sister and spend tine with her when she'd feel alone. Never once did he ignore Lena or made her feel like less. He used to accompany her to school and hanged around with her so that she wouldn't be alone.

She loved Lex but somehow it wasn't enough. Of course she was grateful for the Luthors to accept her, to give her a place to stay and to flatter her with expensive toys but it didn't feel like a family. She didn't feel loved because everyone had their own motive to keep her in the house. Lillian wanted her to be a puppet, to make her just like herself, to make her a true Luthor. Whereas Lex wanted someone to play with, someone he could share his plans to conquer the world with because his parents wouldn't let him be friends with what they considered as not 'normal' people. Lionel on the other hand was glad that he had someone to criticize after coming back home drunk.

Lena checked the watch on her nightstand. It read 12:01 A.M. It was Lena's birthday. She had just turned eleven. Knowing that none of her family members remembered her birthday she silently murmured a 'Happy Birthday' to herself and turned her back to the clock. Her bed suddenly seemed cold, lonely and extremely empty. She sighed and grabbed a teddy bear she had since she moved in with the Luthors. It had torn arm which appeared as if someone tried real hard to sew it back together and it looked dull since Lena had been carrying it around everywhere since the past 6 years. Admittably she had to hide it from Lillian because she remembers few weeks after she moved in Lillian tried to take it away from her. When Lena refused to give it to her she said "Don't be a weak girl, Lutessa." She called her by her middle name knowing full well Lena didn't like it as she pulled the bear and ended up tearing it's arm. This made Lena cry and Lillian, seeming satisfied with her doing, went back to her work. Lena didn't eat for the next whole week crying over her beloved teddy's torn arm and Lillian didn't try to make it up to her. Lena tried to join the arm back together and though she did a poor job she seemed happy that she mended her teddy.

As Lena closed her eyes she heard a meow. Now the Luthors stayed in their Luthor mansion that was distant from all human life, a cat couldn't be around here. Lena shut her eyes tight thinking she imagined it but then she heard another meow. Lena loved cats but none of the Luthors liked pets so didn't dare to tell her adoptive parents that she wanted a cat. She knew she hadn't imagined it this time so she got out of her bed and gazed outside the window, her eyes frantically searching for any signs of life.

And then she spotted it. A cat stood on the stone fence surrounding the Luthor mansion with a paper in her mouth. Lena couldn't believe her eyes. It was highly unlikely to find a cat here, let alone a cat doing mail service. She rubbed her eyes as if to push her sleep away and stared intently back at the cat, leaning against the glass of her window. She thought she must have been hallucinating and decided to go back but as soon as the thought crossed her mind the cat winked at her. Lena gaped at the creature who now jumped into the pavement and ran towards the entrance. Lena sighed and went back to her bed thinking her mind is playing games with her. She rested her head against the pillow and snuggled up to her teddy whom she named as 'Harry' when she bought him.

Not two minutes later there was a sound of the bell ringing. Great! Lena thought I have gone into a trance. She sat up on the bed expected to hear her parents shouting at the unfortunate being who just happened to wake them up from their deep slumber. But instead she heard nothing. In a while she heard her mother shouting "Lutessa!" Lena cringed at her middle name. She didn't like it anyway and hearing it through Lillian's mouth only increased her hate towards the name.

She nervously got of the bed and headed downstairs. The sight she saw was astonishing. Her father was staring into the ceiling as if he'd want to be anywhere but here. Her brother stood behind him turning towards Lena and constantly rubbing his eyes to cast away his fatigue. While Lillian had adorned her everpresent frown which grew even tense, thus showing all her wrinkles. But that wasn't anything new. What's amusing was that all the Luthors were standing and an unknown figure sat comfortably under Lillian's death glare. Lena instantly developed a great admiration for this person because no one had ever been able to maintain their posture under that glare and certainly not Lena.

Spotting Lena the figure carefully stood up revealing to be a fifty-something woman. She had short blonde hair with their edges curled, her face adorned a confident smile and she had worn a white blouse with a black leather jacket and black trousers. Enough to come off as a fashion icon. Normally Lillian would have complimented the woman on her style but she didn't and Lena found that suspicious.

The lady fixed her eyes on Lena, took in a long breath and said "The Girl Who Lived."