The Date with Seaweed Brain

Annabeth POV

Seaweed Brain decided to take me to Nobu on our date. After I drove there, I noticed there was a swarm of paparazzi there. How did they know I was here?  I put on a beach hat and walked past them. It didn't seem to work, as they noticed my curls.

"Annabeth, is it true you're dating the Percy Jackson?" one said.

"Annabeth, give me a smile for the camera."

"Annabeth, what's your reaction to Luke's comment about you on the Cowbells interview?"

"Annabeth, are you on a date here and with who?"

I ignored them and walked past them, like I usually do. Thankfully, some guards stood and protected me from the swarm.

I went inside the beautiful restaurant and asked the waitress where Percy was. I had been here many times before and it still looked beautiful to me. The waitress lead me to the table where Seaweed Brain sat. I noticed there were four chairs at the table.

"Hey Annabeth," he said when he saw me.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain,"I replied with a grin.

"Still calling me the nickname, huh?" he said.

"Yup," I replied.

"I hope you don't mind, but I invited some friends to come on a double date with us," he said.

"No problem," I said, gladly, more people, less awkwardness.

Then two people came and sat down. One of them I recognized was the famous country singer, Calypso. She was pretty famous. And I was a big fan. She had caramel colored hair that was kept down and dark almond, beautiful eyes. She was also wearing her signature golden laurel leaf crown.

Next to her, was a recognizable young man that looked at her all googly eyed. I recognized him as Leo Valdez. He was a singer in a popular band named The Mortals. Their songs were pretty popular, but let's just say I wasn't a big fan of boy bands.

"Hi," Calypso said in a friendly voice," You're Annabeth Chase, right? I'm such a big fan of your movies, I've been looking forward to meeting you all day!"

"Really, thank you, I am a big fan of your music, actually," I replied to her.

"Really, omg!" she said. Then we started blabbing about my new movie and her new music.

Percy and Leo seemed really bored while we were talking, so we turned back to talk with them. Then the waiter came.  Her name was Drew. She had black straight hair and brown eyes. And lets just say she wasn't wearing a very appropriate for a waiter at Nobu. She started flirting with Leo rudely enough when Calypso was right there. I cleared my throat.

That seemed to get her attention as she turned around and glared at me.

"I'll have the shrimp and skate truffle and a Diet Coke," I told her, ignoring her glare.

She rolled her eyes, wrote my order down on a piece of paper that looked more from a journal than an ordering paper, and looked over to Percy.

"What would you like, handsome?" Drew said, batting her eyelashes innocently, while I was beginning to lose it.

Percy ordered some stuff. Then Calypso ordered the California roll. Leo ordered some sushi too. After she wrote that stuff down she looked over at Percy. She then leaned down and whispered something in his ear. Something that even I could hear.

"Hey, how about you ditch your double date and go on a date with me instead," Drew whispered flirtatiously.

I was ready to explode. Thoughts processed through my head. Why was she being so rude? She was embarrassing me in front of basically everyone.  Percy wasn't on a date with her!

Wait. Why did I care? I didn't want to go on this date anyways, or did I? Stop it, Annabeth. You're just mad because she's totally embarrassing you in front of everyone. Yeah that's it.

I faced her to say something, but before I could Percy interrupted me

"I'm sorry, but I'd rather not ditch the girl I've been trying to get with for a month now for some slut, now can I request a new waiter?"he said sarcastically while calling a new waiter.

Ouch. She probably needs some ice for that burn.

Drew's face was red.

"Whatever, someday you'll regret it, and I'll expose all of you stupid celebrities on the news," Drew remarked and walked away.

I looked at Percy. "Thanks," I said and smiled.

"For what, she insulted my date and possibly my future girlfriend," he replied grinning at me.

I punched him in the shoulder and felt myself blush. "Not so easily," I said back to him.

Calypso then spoke, "Yeah, thanks Percy that girl was such a leech," she said.

We all laughed at Calypso's innocent words. She was a good role model and a country singer. Those people have to be appropriate and have a pretty good image like herself.

We got another waiter and our food came. I noticed Percy glaring at our foods.

"How could you eat innocent sea creatures?" he said glancing at our foods.

"Omg, Percy like get over it," Leo mimicked a white chick's accent and then whispered to me,"Percy likes sea creatures, since he loves the water so much, he hates when people eat them."

"It's just you're eating a live animal, the poor fish and shrimp," he whined.

"Yeah and you're eating a cow's meat, Seaweed Brain," I said and snorted.

"Ha, that's true!" Leo said.

"Beautiful and witty," Percy commented. I didn't want anyone to see my blush, so I turned the other way and I'm pretty sure Calypso saw and winked at me.

We ate our food. It was totally delicious. For the rest of the double date, we talked about our lives and Leo told us a funny but creepy story about how a fan snuck into his tour bus and hid in the closet. I laughed a lot and had a pretty fun time. It was honestly the best date I'd had ever gone on.