Chapter 3

Dinner is in the massive dining hall. It's about the size of my school gymnasium. There are many circular wooden tables seating five each. The dining hall is lit by a massive chandelier made of some sort of blue crystal. On the back wall is a massive teacher's table. Above it the wall reads Omne est verum Isa leads me to a table.

"Hey, Isa." One says as she waves her over. "Whos this?" She asks when she sees me.

"This is Carly. She's my roomate." Isa says. "Carly this is Vandailia,my best friend here at Electracademy." I shyly wave to Vandailia as I sit down in a seat next to Isa.

"What your power?" Vandailia asks me running a hand through her long black hair.She is dressed in a black sweater and black jeans.

"Um...I don't exactly know." I see Isa whisper something to Vandailia.Vandailia nods slightly.

"Whats your power?" I ask her.

Now it's Vandailia's turn to look shy."I don't really like to talk about it."She says. After a while she speaks."You're from New York?" She says pointing to my I♡NY shirt.

I nod. "Where are you from?"

"Point Pleasant." The name of the town stirs something in my mind.

Just then Isa looks up. "Here comes Alice."

I turn to see a girl come walking in.She is wearing a red crop top with the word Rebel on it, and ripped jeans. Her brown hair is in a braid and she is wearing leather boots.

"Where you been,Alice." Vandailia asks.

Alice shrugs. "Oh ya know.Outside.Doing the usual." Isa and Vandailia nod as if they know what she means. Which they probably do.

Alice turns to me."Are you the new girl?"

"Yeah. I'm Carly." I say.

  Suddenly there is a loud ringing noise.I turn to the front of the dining hall. In front of the teachers table, I see Professor McKinley in a silver dress standing in front of the podium."Good Evening, Electra! Now before we eat,I just want you to know a few things. First of all, whoever has been hiding all the textbooks on the roof, nobody is amused. Second of all, we have a new student, Carly Hope." Then like a dream every head in the room turned to me. My face burns in embarrassment.Then it was over and everyone is brought a silver covered dish. I notice that Alice's dish is plastic instead of silver.

"What's for dinner?" I ask Isa.

"Depends.The cook here has a power to sense exactly what a person is craving." She says.

"Really?" I say. I open my dish to see a chicken flatbread and a diet Coke, excatly what I wanted.  I look to see that Alice has a huge grilled steak. Vandailia is eating a stack of odd-looking pancakes. Isa has some sort of Irish dish.

We all eat dinner casually chatting. Isa and the others fill me in on the basics of the school. I'm actually starting to believe the whole "magic powers" thing. Once a girl came by our table who was levating. The school itself seems really cool but I still wonder why me, of all people, belong in a place like this.

After dinner when Isa and I went back to our room we found my schedule on my bed.It turns out we both have the same classes.
8:30  Classifaction of Electra
9:20  Electra use and Management
10:10  History Of Electra
11:00  Electra Evolution
11:50  Lunch
12:40  Electra Competition
1:30  Study Hall
2:20  Electra Study