[52] strawberry red

a LOT happens in this chapter : )
__________________

jungkook focus
"neul?" jungkook breathes, stilling his defences upon seeing haneul grimace at the sight of him. junghoon grins at a suddenly open jungkook and slams a heavy fist right on his nose, causing jungkook to abruptly come to his senses and howl in total pain, roughly pushing his brother off of him as he cups his battered nose.

"fucking son of a bitch." jungkook hisses at junghoon who lies on the hard ground, smirks as he watches jungkook scramble to his boot clad feet and duck his head suddenly when his head rings out with immense pain, the barely healed baseball wound caused by that low caste (now dead) thug aching horribly. gripping the sides of his head in attempt to stop the excruciating pain coursing through his temples, jungkook manages to hear junghoon snort out; "mom's not gonna be happy to hear that you just called her a bitch."

"shut up, you fucking brat." jungkook hisses, tasting copper flavoured blood on his tongue as he unpleasantly snarls at his twin.

"okay, okay, hyung — time out for a sec," junghoon coughs, making a capital T with his hands and proffering the gesture to jungkook who simply ignores him, staggering towards him and lifting his ready fists in the air. junghoon rolls his eyes at his brother's ignorance and climbs to his feet, lazily pushing his hair off of his forehead as jungkook pulls him in by his jacket collar.

"how about a proposition, hm?" junghoon quickly offers before jungkook could land a hit on junghoon's already bruised cheek. "rather than beat each other up and let all these people feed on our violence — how about we race it out, hm? we're on the race tracks so why not? if i win, i get to talk to jiminie hyung and if you win, ill willingly let you beat me up. how does that sound?" junghoon smiles lopsidedly at jungkook's fist hovering in midair, obviously thinking through junghoon's sudden offer.

he's victorious when jungkook drops his fist but still clenches tightly on the front of his t-shirt, hissing out "fine, we're racing in ten minutes on the tracks. a nice, honest to god race, so no fucking tricks, you little shit." jungkook warns, "and remember that if i win, i get to beat you up to whatever extent i want and—"

"—and if win, i get to talk to jimin in private." junghoon finishes easily, tone light and playful. still pissed off, jungkook stares hard at the mirror image of him for a second before violently pushing him away, letting the male stagger back with a chuckle escaping his lips.

"see you in ten minutes bro." the younger twin calls out, waving a hand at jungkook's retreating back, looking all carefree and smiley despite the copious amounts of blood streaming down his nose. jungkook sends a look of contempt his way before turning around, storming away from his twin brother whilst cussing him mentally. as he internally sorts out insults for his irritating brother, an unintentional glare and an unsatisfied curl of his lip sets on his face as he marches towards yoongi, hoseok, jimin and taehyung. . . taehyung, his taehyung, who looks so ready to burst into full blown tears under his gaze.

jungkook slows his pace down when he notices taehyung's chest rising and falling at an alarming rate, his pink mouth parted slightly as he breathes in and out rapidly and his fearful brown eyes widened a fraction and flitting nervously between him and the people dotted around him.

jungkook, still walking, eases up on the angered expression and settles for a frown, wondering why taehyung looked so nervous under his gaze. "tae?" he questions carefully, nearing the boy but taehyung doesn't respond, instead he gasps out at jungkook's oncoming presence and stumbles away, wincing slightly as he intakes the close up sight of the wounds inflicted on his boyfriend's face.