Chapter 29

12:10:06AM OCT 1 2017

Surrounding a computer, the six boys intensely stared at the screen.

Having terrible internet connection, their patience started to thin as the air slowly filled with anticipation.

Seconds pass, they swallow the lump in their throat, eyes never leaving the screen as the room remained deadly silent.

The loading finally completed, the boys immediately read the links involving the word they wanted to see the most.

Lookism.

It's been quite a while since their debut, yet they haven't bothered to check their group on the internet until now. It didn't help that the Weekly Idol episode had finally aired.

Curiosity skyrocketing—especially when their manager suggested that they should search themselves online to get a feel for what others think of them—they managed to get a hold of a computer.

A split-second had passed, when all of a sudden, their excitement disappeared, replaced with disappointment.

Scrolling through the links, they had realized something.

They weren't as famous as they thought they were.

They had a Wikipedia fanbase, but it didn't have much on it. Other than that, the word Lookism had shown their Weekly Idol episode and reality show, yet that was all.

They were expecting a lot more than this, but it seems they were getting their slight moment of fame get to them.

Getting sullen, the room continued its silence.

Moments pass before Jang Hyeon, not being able to stand them behaving like this any further, sighed, "Of course we wouldn't be that famous. Who do you think we are, BTS?"

Hearing his somewhat uplifting and upsetting speech, they all let out a sigh, slowly letting the dissatisfaction out of them with something taking its spot, awareness.

Jin Sung was the first to speak, laid-back, "Che. This proves that we're still rookies."

Jae Yeol nods, unexpectedly agreeing with the pompadour male.

Everyone giving off their opinion on the matter, Hyung Seok couldn't help the slight lift in his lips.

The time spent with the five had been fun and interesting.

For a long time, he'd been a loner—an outcast at that. Yet, ever since he's met them, he's been experiencing what he's always wanted to experience.

Friendship.

He didn't expect them to get along that well as Jin Sung was quick to fight, Vasco didn't like pretty boys, while Jang Hyeon happened to be a so-called pretty boy. Their first days together proved this point. However, as time went by, and with them having the same goal, they managed to complement each other in odd ways. Not like he was complaining, he rather liked the odd moments they had together.

Everyone giving up on their search, they had decided on ending it there as they began getting ready for bed.

However, Jae Yeol wasn't quite ready to end it as he had spotted a word associated with their name.

Fanfiction.

He had never heard of such a word, but there was one thing he did know—it had their names in the description of the link to the website.

Glancing at the mouse cursor, he spots Bum Jae about to close the tab.

Wondering if he should tell him, he starts getting panicky. Glancing up, his eyes lock with Hyung Seok's.