Chapter 17: Movie Night

"Ready Melanie?!" Bryson asked.

"Always am!" I said and we started our match.

It went on for a while with neither of us using our powers. I growled in frustration as my kicks and punches had no effect on him.

He smirked. I glared at him.

"Melanie! Show him what I have been teaching you for the past few days!" Garry said from the sidelines.

"What?! But I haven't mastered it completely yet!" I shouted.

"Just try! I know you can do it!" He said.

"Now I'm interested to see what he has taught you. Come on Melanie, show me how strong you are." Bryson said. Fine then. Don't cry later.

I leaped towards him with my fist lit by flames. I started chanting the spell in my mind.

While doing so I tried to distract Bryson as much as I could without him knowing that I'm doing so.

He caught my wrists and ankles in metal chains and lifted me slightly above the ground. I struggled for a bit but then stopped.

He smirked. "Are you done already? And I thought it was going to be interesting. So sad!" He said smirking.

But his smirk disappeared when he saw me smirking as well.

"Why the hell are you smirking? I just won you know." He said.

"You wish. Asphalt bolt!!" I yelled and huge bolts of hot flames descended from the sky in great speed. Before Bryson could even utter a word or even think of dodging he was smashed by the flames.

"Too hot!!!! Help me!!" He yelled as flames surrounded him.

"Lori, if you may." I asked her. She splashed some water over him which made the flames disappear. A bit.

I clapped my hands once and they completely disappeared.

"And that's how it's done." I said and bowed while the others clapped. Rose came and hugged me tightly.

"That was A - mazing!!! I didn't know you fought so well!" She said nuzzling her snout under my chin. I giggled and rubbed her head affectionately.

"So who's the crybaby now, Bry?" Alex asked Bryson as she put some bandages over his burnt marks.

He just huffed. "I'm not talking to you ever again Mel! You did not play fair!" He complained.

I raised an eyebrow at that.

"You brought it onto yourself, Bry. And she played fair and square." Alex said. He just pouted and sulked.

Alex sighed and whispered something in his ear. His eyes brightened up and he quickly got up and they walked inside. I looked at them in confusion.

Garry came and curled up around my neck while Rose was still in my arms.

"Alex said that if he stopped whining like a baby she'll give him many kisses." He said. I giggled at that.

"He's so easily bribed." I muttered. I saw Lori and Drew walking away hand in hand as well. I gulped. That leaves me, Shawn, Garry and Rose.

I felt Shawn approach us and tensed a bit.

"It'll be fine. Calm down." Garry whispered in my ear lowly.

Calm down? That's the complete opposite of what I'm feeling right now!

"Ah! I totally forgot! I need to cook dinner for all of us! And I'm sure I'll have to do it myself since the other two went so I'll be going now! Bye!" I said hurriedly and put down Rose on the ground before hurrying inside the house and to the kitchen.

Garry got off my shoulder before I ran away as well.

I sighed and put a hand on my heart while leaning against the kitchen counter.

Stupid Melanie!! Why the hell did I run?! The way he was smiling at me was obvious that he was going to say that he likes me as well!! Then why did I run?!! I'm sure he thinks I'm insane and crazy now! Noooo!!

I pulled my hair in frustration.

"I'm so so stupid!!! Ugh!! I hate myself!!" I yelled in frustration.

I just sighed. What's done is done. I can't do anything about it unless I had the power to go back in time.

I put that thought away for now and started making dinner for all of us.

It slowly turned dark outside and everyone entered the dining room. Alex had started helping me a while back and later Lori came and started placing everything on the table.

"Hey guys!! What's cooking?" Bryson came and asked.

"Not much. Just spaghetti and meatballs." Alex answered.

"Ohh. By the way we're having a movie night tonight so we'll be eating on the couch. I've bought some popcorn and other snacks as well. So come quick!" He said and left.

"That was so...." Lori started.

"Sudden?" I completed.

"Yup." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We took our respective places in front of the TV screen.

We girls bought the food while the guys set up everything.

I sat down on the couch and turned to Drew who was sitting on a bean chair beside me.

"What are we watching?" I asked.

"Bryson's choice. He won the draw." He said shrugging. I have a bad feeling about this. I felt a shiver run down my spine. Alex saw me and smirked before whispering something into Bryson's ear who also smirked at me.

"I have a really bad feeling about this." I whispered to Garry who had just came and curled up on my lap.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked.

"That's the problem. I know that Alex and Bryson are planning something but I'm not sure what. Can you try hearing what they are planning? I'm sure it's something about me." I said. He nodded but before he could say anything Bryson started shouting.

"We're watching a horror movie!!"

I paled slightly at that. Oh shit.

"No!!" I yelled. Everybody looked at me including Shawn.

"Whyyyyyyy?!!" Bryson whined.

"Mel is scared of horror movies." Lori said.

"Ohhhh. Someone is a scaredy cat." Bryson said. I glared at him.

"Shut up."

"But we are still seeing this movie." He said.

"But -" 

"Before you'll start fighting again let's take draws." Alex said holding some slips.

"Whoever picks the paper with a star on it wins and he or she can choose the movie. And the others have to see that movie. Okay?" Alex said. We all nodded.

Luck be with me please.

We all picked out one slip each.

I didn't win!! Oh no!!

"I won!!" Bryson yelled grinning at me. I growled in frustration.

"Fine!" I said and took my place on the couch. Everybody took their places as well. Shawn came and sat down beside me. Really close to me.

I gulped visibly.

He put his arm on the couch behind me.

I saw Alex and Lori smirking at me slightly. So this is their plan huh. I glared at them. Lori gave me a thumbs up which I'm sure Shawn saw.

The movie started rolling in and I dug my fingers into the couch.

This is gonna be one horrible night.