TWO

Alondra sat quietly on the corner of the coffee shop, waiting for Winter to come back with their orders. She played with her hands anxiously, checking her phone to see that Sebastian still hadn't texted her. She hated how worried she would get for a man that probably wouldn't care for her if they switched places. She sighed, looking over a the text Chris had sent her a few minutes ago. He's home, he passed out in the couch. If his friend could do it, why couldn't he do it? Did he really loathed her that much?

"Alright honey, so what did the fucker do this time?" Winter asked as soon as she placed the cups of coffee in the table and sat in front of her.

"He didn't come home last night," Alondra sighed, taking a sip of her coffee to make up for the lost sleep. "He was out, drinking and doing who know what or who."

"Wait, you don't really think he cheats on you, do you?" Winter's tone had changed from slightly joking to completely serious. "Alondra, do you think he does that?"

"I don't know! Maybe?" Alondra set her coffee down, looking at her friend. "He doesn't kiss me like he used to, he barely even touches me, he hasn't made love to me in months. What kind of man doesn't fuck his wife? The ones that cheat, the ones that found someone better."

"I will slap you if you keep putting yourself down," Winter said shaking her head. "I will personally kick him in the balls for hurting you so much to the point you don't even smile."

"I want him back Winter, I want the Sebastian I fell in love with back," tears started picking up in her eyes. "I feel like I'm married to someone else."

"Doesn't he leave tomorrow to film for a couple of months?" Alondra only nodded. "Shouldn't you be with him right now?"

"I doubt he wants to see me, and if I got home we will probably get into another stupid argument that will end on me kicking him out or making him sleep on the couch."

The girls stayed in silence now, Winter not knowing how to comfort Alondra. She wasn't married, and this situation wasn't new. Sebastian and Alondra issues started over more than six months ago, it was hell. Sebastian was never home, he was either out drinking or working. And when he was home he was barely with his wife. Alondra had become someone else. Her eyes had bags underneath them, she didn't smile anymore, and the only think she could do lately was throw herself at work. It was like they were married to strangers, but they couldn't let each other go.

"Are you guys going to, you know, separate?"

Alondra looked up to her friend now, there was the question that was on everyone's mind and she simply didn't have an answer for it. She loved her husband, but she didn't know who was the man who Sebastian had become now. And she couldn't even recognize herself. She had changed too, for worse. She had become more bitter, more harsh, more angry, and more heartbroken.

"I'm not sure," she only replied before drinking what was left of her coffee. "He hasn't brought up the topic, but that doesn't mean he isn't thinking about it."

"Baby girl, you guys have been like this for a long time. Don't you think it's best if you guys, just sign the papers?" Alondra shook her head. "You guys are killing each other."

"We have been married for two years, known each other for three. I'm not ready to let go of that," she said glancing at her phone, no text still. "I just wish we could fix, but I don't know how. I don't think he knows how, or if he even wants to."

"It's been six months Alondra. Is there any fixing to do?" Winter asked trying to not hurt her friend. "You look death, and he's an asshole. But you both deserve to be happy. And clearly you're not getting that with each other."

"So what do I do? Just divorce him?" Alondra said dumbfounded. "I can't do that. I'm not going to do that."

"Then go home right now, spend the day with him. See how that goes. He leaves tomorrow, right?" Her friend nodded. "Then use that as a break from each other, clear your minds. He will be gone and you're going to be here alone, find the answers you're looking for in the meantime."

Alondra knew what was coming as soon as she opened the apartment door, hating how her friend had even drove her home so she couldn't escape facing him. She was met with silence, leaving her purse on the couch as she took her shoes off. She knew he was home, his car was outside. She walked past the kitchen, seeing the plate she had left him empty on the sink. She kept walking towards their room, the sound of the shower reaching her. She sat on their bed, looking at his clothes all over the floor. If he was awake, why couldn't he just texted her? Or call him? Just to let her know he was alright.

"I thought you were with Winter," Sebastian's voice caught up his wife attention.

"I was, she decided to drop me off earlier. Something about her album came up," she lied, not being able to tell him she missed him. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah, just tired. I have to start packing, my flight leaves tonight."

Alondra just started at him, not even bothering to ask if she had gotten the dates wrong. He probably was just spending the night at a hotel, far away from her. She just stood up, walking out of the room to make food. Fix it, but how? How was she supposed to fix her broken marriage? She couldn't even accept the fact that might, just maybe, he didn't love her anymore. He had to, at least one bit, and she held tightly to that hope.

Sebastian came out minutes later, his wife putting the food down on the plate and giving it to him as soon as he walked in. He mumbled a thank you and sat down on the table, noticing she wasn't going to join him so he started eating alone. She went to their room, helping him pack while he was eating. He used to always forget something, by now she had memorized what things he used to left behind. After all, she didn't want to see him nor talk to him. She couldn't bring herself to do so. She spend an hour or maybe so until she decided to go back downstairs, stopping herself on her tracks when she heard Sebastian's voice on the phone.

"Yeah, maybe. I don't know at this point," she heard him sighed. "Things are going downhill lately, more than just a regular fight. But I'm leaving tonight, hopefully during this we can both just clear our heads and see what happens when I come back. Whether we can make this work or we divorce."

She was now fighting the tears in her eyes as he said the one word she dreaded the most, trying to keep listening to see what else could she get. Funny how she knew more about her husband by a phone call to someone else than by talking to him.

"I will see you when you pick me up at the airport, bye Leighton."

She was off now, tears completely rolling down her cheeks. It's was just a slap on her face that when her marriage was failing, he would run towards his ex. One of the ones he felt madly in love once. How pathetic, her dad would say, to fall in love with someone who never loves you. And if she didn't felt insecure before, she for sure did now. Her doubts from earlier coming back to her. Did he even loved her?

He came back to the room around six, noticing how Alondra had helped him pack and he couldn't help but think of the days were she would cry for him not to go. Now it felt like the door was always open for him to leave. He finished packing two hours later, grabbing the documents he needed and walking downstairs with his luggage. Alondra sitting by the door, getting up as soon as she saw him.

"I have to go," he said looking at her and noticing the state she was in.

"I know," she mumbled softly.

It crushed him to see her like that, not knowing what to say or do. Before she would hold onto him tightly begging him to stay, causing him to be late. But that wasn't the case anymore. He kissed the top of her head, fighting the urge he had to kiss her. He walked out of that door, Alondra closing it as soon as he was gone. She let the sob she was holding inside, falling on her knees with the awful pain in her chest that she had been avoiding all day. They had gotten lost and they didn't know their way back to each other, their way back home.