Chapter 12

Rin's P.O.V.

"Stupid Yukio!" I whined as I face planted on to my bed. I finally go back to school and he immediately gives me 5 hours worth of homework. 'Next time I see his beady eyed face, I'm going to push him out a window... or maybe I'll just throw another textbook at his head.' The sound of the door opening caught my attention and I watched my jerk of a brother walk into the room.

"Oh yeah, Rin," he turned to me, seemingly having remembered something important. "About all your homework..."

"What about it," I growled in irritation.

   "I didn't give you the right amount of homework, sorry."

  I perked up, "You mean I don't have to do all this shit!"

    He shook his head, "No, I mean I forgot to give you the rubric for two more essays."

   "Agh! Why do you hate me so much!" I cried dramatically. He just shrugged in response. "That's it, I'm done! Goodbye world," I held a hand to my head and pretended to collapse to the floor. "Don't worry grandma," I cried, "I'll be with you soon."

  Yukio rolled his eyes, "How many times do I have to remind you, we never met our grandmother."

   I stopped mid-death, "oh yeah.... Don't worry random old woman!" I corrected, "I'll be with you soon!"

     Yukio sighed heavily and tossed some papers to me, "I expect those to be done by the time I get back."

   "You're already leaving? But you just got here!" I complained.

   "Yep, and now I'm leaving."

   "But I'll be lonely!"

   "Then call over some of the other exwires."

    "What if something attacks me!"

   "Then you'd better hope you can defend yourself."

   "What if I accidentally burn the house down!!!"

   "Then find a place to hide cause I'd kill you."

  "Yeah well... What if I decide I don't want to live again!"

   I was expecting another cold hearted response, after all, I was only teasing.

   "Then call me, and I'll drop everything to help you," his voice a hushed whisper, and with that, he left.

   I stared at the door in shock before smiling softly, "love you too, little brother."

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
        ~TIME~SKIP~TIME~SKIP~
🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

    "Yes!"

   I had finally, after hours of nonstop effort, completed every assignment Yukio had given me. To be honest, I wasn't even sure how it was even possible for me to have completed 8 essays, 5 packets, 2 short stories, 4 study guides, a step by step explanation of how to summon a low level demon, and 12 coloring sheets, in five and a half hours.

  "Who even still gives coloring sheets?!"

   When was I ever going to need to know how to properly color an Incubus? Never! So why the hell did I have a coloring page about it?!

I glanced over at the clock, it was already two in the morning. What was keeping Yukio out so long? Usually he'd be back by now. I got up and rubbed my eyes tiredly, I should probably go make Yukio some dinner. I stumbled into the kitchen wishing it was a Friday, unfortunately it was only Tuesday. I whipped up some Sukiyaki, coveted it in tinfoil, and wrote Yukio's name on it. There, now I could go to bed.