Chapter 21: Promise Me.

Please don't hate me if this chapter sucks..

*~*

Within the last 4 days following the party, my life had become a completely scrambled mess. Wedding plans had picked up so dramatically they polluted every fragment of my life. So much so, I hadn't had a moment to myself until now- sitting in the doctor's office waiting for my pregnancy test results. The fear and panic consuming me, and for the first time in 4 days... I wish I wasn't alone.

 I pull out my cellphone and exhale, scrolling down my contacts until I reach his name, hesitating. I hadn't spoken a word to Eric since I'd gotten home, and even though I'd been calling him constantly during any free time I had, he had yet to respond. I quickly click his name and listen to the repeating ring until the voice-mail finally takes over. "What's up, you've reach Eric Moon. I can't come to the phone right now but please feel free to leave a message after the beep." I groan listening to his voice ramble out the words I'd become more then a bit familiar with. "I'll get back to you as soon as I can." His voice stated and I knew that he wouldn't get back to me at all. 

 "Hey... Eric. It's Adalaid." I frown into the receiver, my forehead resting on my hand as my elbow rest on the desk. "Again." I add solemnly as I inhale. "We need to talk, really we do. You can't just ignore me like this! I mean, why are you even ignoring me?" I frown rising to my feet, suddenly aware of how pathetic and needy I sound. "You need to call me back immediately." I growl as the office door opens. I quickly tap the end button before slipping my phone into my pocket and returning to my seat. 

 "Someone important?" Dr. Maxwell asks before taking a seat behind his metal desk, his arms resting over a folder. I give a slight smile before nodding at him, lying that it was the caterer. "You shouldn't let wedding plans get to you so much, especially... not with a baby on the way."

 "Are... Are you saying I'm..." For some reason my mouth couldn't make out the words, my throat went dry at the thought of talking and all I can do was sit there. Staring down as he opens the folder and waits patiently for me to get the sentence out... But I can't. My head begins to spin, trapped in thoughts of what all this will do to my life. Thoughts of what I should do about this now. "Are you telling me I'm... pregnant?" I finally manage to ask, watching the doctor's face beam while mine fills with panic. 

 "I am saying you are 6 weeks pregnant, yes. Roughly a months an a half." He smiles handing me my blood test results. The rooms fills with silence as I scan the papers over, my heart beating rapidly. "I'd like to see you again in two weeks for an official appointment. Check the heartbeat, give you the prenatal vitamins and so forth. After that I'll see you again at 12 weeks along. Then again at 18 for the first ultrasound, make sure the baby is developing in the fetus and you aren't carrying multiples." The doctor explains before noticing the look of panic on my face. "That is... If you decide to continue on with the pregnancy. You'll find all the dates on a calendar inside your folder alongside my contact information." He smiles weakly. "For now, however, you should go home and try to relax."

"Relax... yeah. Thank you." I sigh rising to my feet. I can feel the tears burning at the bottom of my eyelids as I head out the door and to my car without looking back. As I slide into the drivers seat, it happened. The overwhelming fear consumed me causing tears to drench my face as I hiccuped. And for 10 minutes, I just allowed myself a moment of weakness to cry. 

"Future Alpha's don't cry." My Wolf reminded me suddenly, and I realized how much I missed the sound of my her  voice. 

"You're right."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "So pick. Excited as shit or nervous as hell about this wedding?" Cassidy grinned over at me, both of our feet laying in different foot spa's side by side as the women started our mani/pedi's. I smiled at her. I hadn't told Cassidy about my doctor's appointment, I hadn't told anyone but Ryan- and even he didn't know what the doctor had said just yet. "Earth to Adalaid?"