epilogue

it's you and me

it's you and me

. . .

[1st anniversary]
— author's narration

"Hyeri, close your eyes!" Jungkook was excited to give the greatest gift he could ever think of. He reached out inside his pocket and took the key of their new apartment.

"Open them now," he softly said. He dangled the keyring on his finger and showed it to his girlfriend.

Oh, she was the happiest woman that day. How much more if he asked her to marry him?

"Are you serious?!"

She was ecstatic to see his gift. Afterwards, there were tears in her eyes, she loved him more, not because of his gift, but because he listened to her the morning she told a dandelion that she wanted to stay with him much longer.

"I'm not leaving your side, jagi. I'm not going anywhere. Happy first anniversary."

She continued sobbing and he found it cute. His dimples were deep and beautiful that day, for the woman he loves is happy to be with him.

Jungkook's:

A knife was held on mid-air, ready to end Hyeri's life.

"Hyeri!" I almost ran out of breath running through the corridors, but still had the strength to push Lizzy away, her head hit the wall. Her face was covered with bruises, and her lip was bleeding. Baby, why did this happen to us?

I looked at her wasted state, her breath could hardly leave her mouth. I'm glad to see her alive, but I couldn't help but whimper in agony over the fact that I didn't save her sooner. Her shorts made the bruises on her legs visible. I lifted her shirt a little and there were more.

"I'm sorry I left you." I wiped the blood off her lips, and the tears from her eyes.

"I knew you'd always come back." She smiled. It was beautiful and painful at the same time.

"Ew, drama!" Lizzy recovered from the impact. She's still holding the knife though, as if it was glued to her hands.

"Lizzy, stop this, please," I pleaded, but she never failed to find pleasure in my suffering.

"You look ridiculous." Her perkiness at the situation, really, is driving me furious.