Chapter Twenty- Four: Thomas Sweet

“Maybe he likes you?” Sarah spoke.

I shrugged my shoulders, even though she couldn’t see me. “I don’t know, it’s Gavin he hardly ever develops feelings for someone, remember?”

“You never know, by what you told me it sounds like you both had fun.”

I let out a chuckle, “That’s true. But I don’t know if I could like him.” I said clutching my phone a little tighter in my hands. “We are so different.”

“Haven’t you ever heard that saying?” Sarah said, “Opposites attract.”

“I don’t know Sarah,” I said still a little unsure.

“Well, all the signs are in front of your face-“ Sarah said stopping mid-sentence, as I heard a loud crash.

“Sarah?” I asked, confused to what was going on in the other end. 

“I will have to call you back Ali, I think my brothers just broke one of my mom’s priceless antiques.” Sarah said in a rush, a few seconds later I heard her call her brothers names. “Sorry Ali, I really have to go. Talk to you later!” And with that Sarah hung up.

I stared at my phone in confusion. How much does an antique, actually cost? I shrugged my shoulders, as I began to think about what really was an antique we had a lot of priceless antique and furniture around the house. However, they were strictly off limits, we weren’t allowed to touch. Last time I did, I got in so much hell with my father about touching things that aren’t yours, I still didn’t understand what he meant by that. But I just ignored him and carried on.

I trudged up the stairs as I was looking forward to a good night sleep. When Gavin dropped me off on the street, from there I walked home. When I arrived I called Sarah telling her all about the date, I even told her how Gavin punched a fifteen year old for me for apparently ‘undressing me with his eyes.’

I thought what Gavin did was kind of stupid, like how does one especially a fifteen year old undress you with his eyes? But according to Sarah it was a romantic thing to do from Gavin. I was originally going to call up Holly and tell her what happened on the date but after how she told Ben how I was going on a date with Gavin, I decided otherwise. Like who knows what she would tell Ben later on?

I nodded to the bodyguards who were patrolling up and down the hallway, saying a quick good night. I walked towards the door to my bedroom pushing it open. I couldn’t wait to sleep even though tomorrow we would be rehearsing for our dance, I love Sarah but sometimes she could be a bit too demanding.

“Nice to see your home in one piece,” A voice spoke causing me to shriek dropping my phone on the floor and clutching my racing heart.

“Thomas?” I said looking at my brother confused, “What the hell? You almost gave me a heart attack, wait scratch that you gave me a heart attack!”

Thomas rolled his eyes, getting off my bed. “Stop being over dramatic, Alice.”

I glared at my brother in annoyance, “What do you want?”

“A favor,” He said grinning at me.

“Why would I give you a favor after you gave me a heart attack, and entered my room without permission?” I said picking up my phone from the floor and crossing my arms over my chest.

“Because you wouldn’t want me to tell our dear father that you went out with a boy without his permission, or that you didn’t go without any bodyguards?”