⋆ writing summmaries

( HOW TO WRITE A GOOD SUMMARY! )

✧・゚: *✧・゚

i. GET INSPIRATION

it doesn't hurt to get inspiration from other people's work, but just don't PLAGARIZE. use it as a reference to help yourself so you have knowledge of what to do when writing your summary.

ii. DONT WRITE EVERYTHING

don't include your whole plot and the whole storyline in your summary. a summary reels readers in and lets them have an insight of what's to come when they read your story. what's the point of reading your story when you've provided everything in your summary? give them a taste!

iii. DON'T WRITE YOUR MAIN CHARACTER'S FULL BIO AND FULL PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

just don't. pls.

iv. DON'T MAKE IT TOO LONG

this actually correlates with number two but anyways yes, don't make your summary too long. no one has time to read a whole paragraph. give a glimpse of the story, again, don't write the whole story in your summary.

v. NO SPOILERS

explain the story very vaguely. write about something that leads up to the plot or somewhat an important scene in the story, very vaguely though.

vi. COME BACK TO IT

if the idea for your summary doesn't come to you all of a sudden, don't stress! it'll come to you when the time comes.

GOOD LUCK!

━━━━━

omg for once there's no source, bc ya girl wrote this by herself. wow proud.