Chapter 37

Shoutout to my friend for collaborating with me on this one. You guys already know I have no idea how to write these scenes... yet.

Song of the Day- MGK (Machine Gun Kelly) - Let Me Go

***

A V A

I gasp in surprise as he kisses me.

Definitely didn't see that coming.

"Why are you so stubborn? Huh, Ava?" He whispers against my lips as I try to recover. I gape at him, unable to answer him back.

"I-I got to go," I whisper back, turning around to leave but he holds on to me tightly.

"No, please?" He begs.

"Noah, I can't do this anymore," I say looking at him. He shakes his head. Surprisingly, he's agreeing with me.

"Fine. Go." He lets out in a snarl.

I sigh. "Noah..."

"Go Ava. Go with that fucking asshole. See if I care what he does to you." He says coldly with no emotion on his face. He lets go of me and quickly leaves me alone.

I sigh as I watch him leave.

***

"Hey? You okay?" Scott asks when I get in the car.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I reassure him and he starts up the car.

I can't believe Noah. Who the hell does he think he is? That part of my life is done. Over. I don't want to be with a criminal... do I? And most definitely don't love him. It was all fake... wasn't it?

"Ava?" Scott's voice says interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, sorry."

"No, it's okay. I was just wondering if you would like to grab something to eat."

"No, it's okay. I just want to go home." I tell him. He gives me a light smile and says okay. I'm surprised he didn't ask about Noah when I got in the car. He's so sweet. This is the type of guy I'm supposed to be with. He nothing like Noah. I bet Noah's probably home with...

I shiver. Lupe.

"Are you cold?" Scott asks me.

"No, I'm fine."

Mhmm okay, whatever you say, bitch.

My subconscious says and I just want to get a piece of tape and put it over her mouth... if she even had one.

***

"Thanks, Scott." I say to him while he helps me out of his car. His expensive car. I wonder what he does for a living?

"No problem." He says, walking me to my door.

"So I guess I'll see you next Friday night around 8?"

"Yes, you will." I blush and he smiles.

"Good night, Ava." He says and I reply with a goodnight before he takes his leave.

I open the door, walk inside the dark apartment, and sigh.

Wow. What a night.

"You could say that again." A voice says and I jump, screaming. Suddenly the lights come on and there on the living room couch, is Noah sitting like he owns the place.

"The fuck? How the hell did you get in here?!" I yell at him after I recover from the near heart attack he gave me. I quickly close the door and walk over to him, with my hands on my hips.