35. Phone Call/IRL

Phoebe: Hey. Do you have time to talk?

Cece: Um, ok. What's up?

Phoebe: Are you in love with Paul?

Cece: Pheebs, I don't want to hurt you.

Phoebe: You are, aren't you?

Cece: Yes.

Phoebe: He came to see me. He said that you broke up with him.

Cece: I did. I didn't want whatever is between us to hurt you. I never ever wanted to hurt you Phoebe.

Phoebe: I know that. And I know that he loves you too. Look, I was a bitch for posting that Instagram picture and caption. I've taken it down.

Cece: Wow. I appreciate that.

Phoebe: Cece, we've been friends for such a long time. I know that you didn't want to hurt me, and I know that you can't choose who you fall in love with. But you can choose what you do about it.

Cece: What do you mean?

Phoebe: Don't break up with Paul. You guys are in love, and I don't want to stand in the way of that. I love you both, and I want you to be happy.

Cece: Phoebe, I don't want to-

Phoebe: I'm a big girl, I'll get over it. Paul is an amazing guy. He deserves someone better than me. He deserves you.

Cece: Do you really mean that?

Phoebe: I really do. So, I give you guys my blessing. Now please go and get your man.

Cece: I love you Pheebs.

Phoebe: Love you too Cee.

***

Cece knocked on the door, waiting for Paul to answer. Getting Phoebe's blessing lifted a ginormous weight off of her shoulders. For the first time, she didn't have to hide from anyone in her life. She could be completely open.

Paul opened the door quickly, automatically smiling as he saw Cece waiting for him.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were going to see Phoebe?" she asked.

"Because you would have told me not to," he said. "What did she say?"

"She gave us her blessing," Cece said. "She told me what an amazing guy you are, but I already knew that."

"So, what does this mean? For us?" he asked nervously.

"It means..." she trailed off, reaching up to wrap her arms around his neck and place a soft kiss on his lips.

"So I get to call you my girlfriend again?" he asked.

"I never want you to call me anything else," Cece said, grinning deeply and kissing him again, knowing that she'd never get tired of his kisses.