T H R E E | Prisoner

{Pic of Tobias}

Song: Wolves

Artist (s): Selena Gomez, Marshmello

Evil comes from the abuse of free will.

*Sensitive Content*

******************************************************************************************************************************************

It had been just over 3 hours since I had returned from my detention. Just over 3 hours of laying on the cold kitchen floor. Tobias and my step father were beyond pissed, when I had returned home and iy was no surprise when they took it out on me. Apparently, I had starved them.

I groaned once again, as I tried to move. I remember by step-father throwing himself at me, flinging me back across the table. Only then did I feel the soaring, stinging pain that ran from my left wrist to the crease inside my elbow. Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the ground and saw Tobias standing above me. He grabbed a fistful of my hair dragging me back to my step-father before they began delivering blow after blow for the next hour.

There was a definite possibility that I had broken a few ribs as well as having sprained my left wrist. I held back a cry, finally pushing myself up and against the kitchen counter. There was no one at home right now, for which I was extremely thankful for. I steadily made my way to the cupboard and took out two painkillers to help ease my pain. I then moved to the refrigerator and retrieved some ice before wrapping it up in a kitchen towel, pressing it against my ribs softly.

I limped upstairs to my bedroom, finally letting the tears flow freely. I tucked my hand under my mattress, rummaging for the only thing I kept under it. When my hand touched a laminated paper, I let out a breathe of relief. I easily pulled it out, holding it close to myself as I laid down facing the ceiling. I wrapped both my hands around the only picture I had of my parents.

"I miss you" I whimpered, choking on my own sobs.

"Why'd you leave me? You should have taken me with you. I hate it here. I hate it" I cried. My ribs screamed in pain when I began to cry harder. I took deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart before tucking the photograph back safely where I found it.

Survival mode is supposed to be a phase that helps save your life. Not the way you live, but for me it was.

*****

I wasn't always bullied at school. There was a time, when I was actually social. But it changed after my parents died. I got quieter, my nights became longer, my blades got bigger, my sleeves got longer, my meals got smaller, I got skinnier, and no one noticed.

My hoodie covered my busted lip and my long sleeve covered my bruised wrist, as I walked through the school hallway. I limped as fast as my injured leg would allow me, but life was too much of a bitch to allow me to live peacefully. I was only one turn away from my classroom, when a foot was stuck out in front of me, initiating my fall.

My books slipped out of my hands, since my first priority was to stop my fall. My hands fell in front of me as I stopped my ribs from hitting the ground. Another zing of pain shot up my wrist and ribs as I let out a shriek of pain. My breathing began getting heavier by the second as laughter echoed the entire hallway.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic" Michelle laughed as she pulled me up. My hand wrapped around my abdominal trying to seize the pain.

"What the hell happened to your face?" Michelle scrutinised my face.