Part 14

Quinn's POV

I hurriedly ran out into the hall only to have Mason lock the door behind me, as Jack and Jason restrained me from attacking the door.

"This is for your own good, man. You need to at least shower and eat before you can be allowed back in." Mason spoke through the door.

"I'm going to kill all of you!!!" I growled and struggled. "Let!! Go!!!"

"Would Penny really want to see you like this when she wakes up?" Jack reasoned.

That calmed me down enough to rip myself from their restraining hold and walk away. As much as I hated what they had done, they were right. Penny would be upset to see that I hadn't taken any care of myself. I quickly took a shower, while Mom made me something to eat, and I could return to the room.

Once I had eaten and showered, I was in a better mood too, and my hope, which had slowly been dwindling for the last couple of days, was returning. As I was taking a sip of water, I heard a heartbreaking scream.

"QUINN!!!!" My angel cried for me from the top floor of the pack house, not only in through her mouth but through her mind, I instantly felt the panic from her.

"Shit." I muttered, as the glass fell from my fingertips and shattered on the floor.

I went cold instantly. It took all my willpower not to shift right then and there but instead let out a deep growl that resonated throughout the pack house. This was to warn everyone to get out of my way or suffer the consequences. I took the 4 flights of stairs, 5 steps at a time, while growling and alerting all those in my path. Fear gripped me, at what state Penny might be in when I arrived and what was causing her to scream so loudly.

"QUINN!!!!" My beautiful baby girl was screaming at the top of her lungs.

The emotions that were emanating from her were very frightening to me, they brought out my baser, animal instincts to protect and care for her.

What I saw outside the hospital wing of the pack house nearly broke my heart and angered me. Penny had managed to get out of the hospital bed and was being restrained by 5 or so nurses as she was attempting to get away.

"Let me go! I have to find Quinn! Please!!! I need to find him!!" She wailed, as she attempted to push everyone away.

Tears were running down her red face, as her arms were flailing around. She was beyond hysterical or consolable.

"Let her go!" I demanded, which caused the entire wing to quiet down, suddenly.

Penny froze, as did the nurses, staring at me. It only took her a moment to register before she came running to me. Unfortunately, she wasn't 100% better yet, and slipped. I quickly caught her before she managed to fall and hurt herself.

"I got you beautiful," I whispered into her ear as I held her bridal style, "and I'm never letting go."

She buried her face into the crook of my neck as her body began to shake with violent sobs. I could feel each tear run down her face and onto my shoulder. It ached like nothing I had ever felt before. I dismissed the nurses and told them to get Penny's doctor, while I walked to her room to lay her down on her hospital bed. She refused to let go of me, as I laid her down, locking her arms around my neck, burrowing her face further against my shoulder and groaning in protest.

"Okay, let's figure this out." I gently soothed into her ear.

I sat down on the bed, positioning Penny so she was comfortably leaning into my chest and could keep her arms around me. She shifted as well to move her hands over my torso and buried her face right above my heart, her nails were digging into my skin but I barely registered it. She spent a couple minutes just listening to the rhythm of my heartbeat, before letting out a sigh.