::Chapter 20::

::Chapter 20::

Emily put the car in park, Lydia was in the passenger seat not saying anything and Allison was sitting silently in the back.

"Okay, are you guys going to say anything?" Lydia asked them in a snappish tone. She had no idea what was happening or rather what the hell had happened back at Scott's house.

Allison gulped nervously and was completely unsure of what to say. Emily on the other hand pursed her lips, knowing they had to tell Lydia eventually especially now that they knew that Jackson was the Kanima. And they needed to ease her into it at some point.

"I'm a vampire."

There. She ripped the band aid off. Or at least one of them.

Allison gaped at her while Lydia gave her a weird look. "What?" She asked and then sighed. "If you don't want to tell me what's going on then that's fine but don't start making things up."

"You think I'm making this up?" Emily asked in disbelief and when she saw the strawberry blonde nod, she let out a small breath. "Alright. I guess I have to show you."

The huntress gave her an unsure look."Em, I don't think---"

"Show me?" Lydia raised a brow. "How are you--" She shrieked when she saw Emily's fangs and her eyes change. She jumped back, whimpering in fear.

The vampire tried to not flinch at the scared look on Lydia's face and instead covered it up with a blank expression as her fangs went away and her face went back to normal

The vampire tried to not flinch at the scared look on Lydia's face and instead covered it up with a blank expression as her fangs went away and her face went back to normal. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Y-Your face." Lydia cowered back as she stared at her wide eyed. She started getting flashes of the night of the Winter Formal when she was attacked by that maniac. "I-It-- you looked l-like a--"

"Lydia." Allison said abruptly, sitting up as she took notice of how Emily was just blankly staring at the cowering girl. She knew that Emily would never admit it but she could tell that she was hurt. "Emily wouldn't hurt you so you don't have to be--"

Lydia looked like she instantly regretted what she was about to say. She was just shocked and a little bit afraid of what her best friend had just turned into.

"Forget I said anything." Emily compelled Lydia. If Lydia wasn't going to accept her than she'd rather just pretend like this didn't happen. She was prepared to compel everything that happened tonight away.

The strawberry blonde gave her an incredulous look. "How am I supposed to forget that my best friend is a vampire?" She exclaimed in shock.

Emily furrowed her brows, frowning at the evident fear she could still smell on the girl. "It didn't work?" She muttered in surprise. "Why didn't it work?"