Chapter 26

"Angel, we will protect you and never harm you. You are no longer a slave."

Not a slave?

But I am one. There is only slaves and masters. The older slaves talked of Freedom and it's sweet breath. Who is she? Why does she smell nice?

"No master?"

"Never again" Mas- Mathew said from beside Brandon.

"Why... feed me slave Jess?"

Removing his hands Brandon exclaimed "Oh no! Do you know what a cow is?"

"Old female slave?"

"No babe. A cow is a term for female cattle. Would you like to see a cow? You can even meet Jess's calf. Her baby."

"...Yes"

"Alright then, we'll take you out to the barn, where we keep all the nursing mothers and babes." Mathew said as he stood up. A strip of his hair fell forwards as he leaned forward. His eyes, the color of trees' skin, looked into mine. "Babe I want to carry you outside. You had issues walking and I know your wounds aren't healed. May I pick you up? I'll put my arm under your thighs and have you lean on my shoulder and chest. This way your back won't be touched."

And she nodded. Slowly and hesitantly she nodded.

"Alright Babe. I'm going t reach forward until my arms are behind you and your chin is resting on my shoulder. You won't be able to see my lips. Brandon will talk to you then. Once you are comfortable I will put my arms underneath your thighs." She tilted her headed and creased her brows.

Chuckling, I continued, "It's the upper part of your leg. Here." And I point my left leg. "Then as I lift, you are going to need to lean on me. If anything hurts, say so." Again, she nods but with less hesitation. "Alrighty let us go see the barn!"

==================================================

I know it's short but chapter 27 will be out with relative speed compared to chapter 26.