Chapter 13

Kyle

I turned in my bed, ready to nuzzle up in my sheets and doze back off for a few hours, until I'd felt the body of somebody else sharing my bed with me. Sitting up in a hurry, the events of the previous night came rushing back to me, not giving me a happy nor unhappy memory of it.

Jameson remained fast asleep, stirring slightly but his breathing went back to light snores moments later. Sitting upright in my bed, I stared blankly at my dark grey bedroom walls, wondering what the fuck this actually meant for me. Did I like guys? Possibly. The only thing that didn't make sense was that Jameson happened to be the only male that I found...attractive. I said it, well, thought it. I found the skinny male besides me very attractive, and I wanted to press my lips to his whenever he so much as looked my way.

Maybe it was a phase, maybe I just hadn't been getting enough from the girls I'd been with recently. The last one was that blonde I can't even remember the name of, considering I'd blew off my chance with April. I've been with her before, she's good, but nothing special.

My mind returned to the dirty blonde haired boy next to me. I found him attractive, I knew that much, and my god was it fucking weird to even think that, never mind having to verbally say it. I didn't felt as though I liked him however. As harsh as it sounded considering I'd poured my feeling out to him less than twenty four hours ago, I didn't feel myself really liking him just yet. Yet? I don't like him. I'm a guy, made to like girls.

Letting out a sigh, I pushed aside my thoughts of me finding Jameson attractive, and simply lay down again, flat on my back. I couldn't fall back asleep again, not knowing that he was so close besides me that I could feel his warm body head radiating onto my naked too half. Wait...I have no top on?!

Jumping up immediately, smacking my shin rather painfully on the wooden frame of my bed, I let out a yelp of pain. Jameson shot up, one shoulder to his...wait my shirt hanging halfway down his arm. Noticing me looking at the fallen clothing, he looked down, quickly pulling it back up with a small flush of redness creeping onto his cheeks and ears.

It was like I was drunk the night before, my mind blurred and physically unable to remember the events that happened after practice. I felt uncomfortable knowing I could've done something I might regret now. I mean, I was nice enough to lend him my damn shirt, what else did I do?

"Morning..." I sleepily croaked, holding onto my throbbing shin.

Jameson rubbed at his eyes, suppressing a yawn as his eyes darted to the window, noticing how it was still pretty much dark out. "What time is it?" He asked in what was pretty much a whisper. I wasn't sure why he was being so quiet, but I let it slide for now.

"Dunno." I shrugged, now sitting cross-legged on my carpeted floor. "Six-ish?" Jameson nodded, looking down at his hands in his lap as though they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"I-I think I'll go..." He said, voice incredibly low and raspy compared to how it usually sounded. I liked it. A lot more than I should.

I swallowed at that, a bigger part of me wanting him to stay longer. We did technically have school today, but so what? Maybe we could skip? "Uh...you don't have to." I spoke as he began to drag his legs from the bed, his feet meeting the floor.

Sighing, he frowned as he stared down. He looked...tired? And not in the sense that he needed more sleep from waking up. Well, maybe, but the way he sighed gave me an instinct that he wasn't exactly happy with how uncomfortable the current situation was between us.

Silence devoured us, leaving me to stare down at my ankle which had reddened slightly from the fall from my bed a few moment ago. And eventually, Jameson was the one to break the tension. "What did last night mean, Kyle?" He sighed again, sounding incredibly fed up. I couldn't put my finger on the way he was actually feeling, it was weird, and definitely not a way I'd seen him act before.